Fifteen

Isabella

As October turns to November things start to settle down a little. Nicks heart murmurs start to become more constant but the doctor predicted they would. Since we were prepared for that we are able to counter them a little. At this point he lives with the pain, he knows where he needs to stop and usually does. He takes all the medicine they prescribe and still goes to school for half a day. But he's still that happy fun loving kid everyone can count on for a laugh so I couldn't complain much.

As of late Anthony has been staying at our place. He usually crashes on the couch and Nick is passed out on the love seat when I get up to get him ready for school. I know I shouldn't let him do that but if he is dying then why make him miserable? Although the first night I couldn't find him in his room and I flipped the fuck out, but now I kind of just assume he's out here with Anthony. That's how it's been for a few weeks now anyway. I can't even tell you the last time Anthony was at his home, but I love having him around. We were kind of this dysfunctional family and I loved it.

This fine morning I get up and find Nicky on the couch asleep in Anthony's arms. It took everything in me not to cry at the sight of my boys cuddled up together sleeping peacefully like that. No worries about bad hearts or bad games, just them existing together. It was beautiful.

I take a picture before digging my brother out and carrying him upstairs. It's amazing how strong I get from carrying this boy around for almost 6 years. It's honestly my favorite part though. I don't know what I'm going to do when he doesn't need me anymore, assuming he makes it to that point of his life.

He finally wakes up and starts to change so I have time to go downstairs to pack up his backpack. I see Anthony laying there looking through his phone.

"Good morning sleepy head" I say walking past him to get to the other side of the living room where Nicks things were. He abruptly grabs my hips and pulls me into his lap before planting kisses all over my face. I laugh while trying to pushing him off but I really wasn't trying that hard. Eventually he stops and I look up at him. His brown eyes sparkling big and bright as he looks back at me.

I hear a pair of feet shuffle down the stairs but it wasn't the usual ones. No, these were clunky and loud. I look up and see Nicholas coming down the stairs in a pair of my heels. I try to stifle my laughter as he nearly misses the last step. He jumps off the last step and lands on his feet with his hands reaching out before he tries to stable himself. Once he finds his balance he turns to Anthony and I tangled up on the couch with the biggest smile.

"Hey buddy... what are you wearing" Anthony asks.

"Sissys heels. You always say that these make her legs look good and I want my legs to look good" he claims and I smile.

"You can't wear those" I start and he frowns. "Those are too big for you. How about we get you your own pair" I ask and he lights up.

"Can they be blue" he asks excitedly.

"They can be any color you want" I nod and he claps his hands together. He slowly goes up to put his own shoes on and finish getting ready for school.

"Are you really going to buy him heels" Anthony asks.

"Hell yeah I am, life's too short for my brother to be throwing a fit because he can't wear heels. Not only will he wear them, but his legs will look amazing" I giggle.

"You're the coolest sister ever" he says.

"I try to be" I shrug.

Anthony and I get Nicky all ready for school and I drop him off. I drive back home and try to figure out what to do now.

When I get inside I find Anthony sitting outside on the porch. He had a glass of water sitting beside him as he looks out over the city. I go out and sit next to him. He throws his arm over me and rests my head on his shoulder.

"What are we going to do today" he asks.

"Don't you ever get tired of me" I ask.

"Nope" he claims.

"If that's the case then why don't you move in" I ask and he looks at me weird.

"I wasn't sure if you would be okay with that" he claims.

"You never asked" I smile.

"Neither did you" he defends.

"I just did..." I trail off. I bite my lip as he realizes that I just asked him to move in and it was a pretty big step in our relationship.

"Honestly... there isn't anything I would want to do more than move in with you guys. Have a home again and be able to stop finding excuses to come over because I'll already be here" he says.

"Sweet. Nicky comes home at 11 and I have to have lunch ready so lets go get your things" I announce getting up.

"Wait, are we doing this right now" he asks.

"Do you have a reason not to" I ask.

"I guess not" he shrugs.

"Then lets go" I encourage.

It took us 30 minutes to get the boxes, 2 hours to pack, and a extra 20 minutes to clean up the mess we made before it was back to my house. We get his things inside and I stand there looking around. He didn't have a lot and most of it was already over here.

"Did you... did you want to stay with me" I ask kind of awkwardly.

"I mean, if it's okay with you. I would love to stay with you" he says and I smile.

"I think that would be great" I insist. We get his things into our room and throw away the boxes. At 10:50 we were all done and Anthony had officially moved in with us.

"Do you want to go pick up Nicky or do you want me to do it" he asks.

"You should do it so I can start on lunch" I say.

"Ohhh what are we having today" he asks like a little kid.

"Pizza because I'm too tired I cook" I laugh and he nods.

"Fair enough. I'll see you in like 20 minutes, love you" he says giving me a kiss.

"Love you too" I reply. I watch him go smiling the whole time. I know what we just did was huge, but it didn't feel like it. Everything was pretty easy with him.