8

Prince's Pov

"Oh, hey Carter" I mumbled, today's been stressful enough I'm not up for some cutesy bonding moments.

"I was wondering if you'd want to watch some Disney with me? I kinda need to learn the ropes and you seem to be the smartest one here!" He giggled, god he's literally a kid.

"Um... I'm a little tired..." I sighed, blinking slowly to further my point. He smiled, almost mischievously.

"Oh come on Princey! It'll be fun! Wake you up or at least send you to sleep with some Disney dreams!" He jumped up, clapping his hands together. 

"Um... I guess I could stay for one movie?" I muttered, running a hand down my face. We've been talking for a minute and I'm already exhausted but I need to be princely and if this is how I redeem myself then so be it.

He squealed, grabbing my hand and dragging me to the couch. I felt that strange feeling in my chest again but this one was different, it hurt. He practically pushed me down while he ran off to get popcorn and blankets, muttering something about new friends or something like that. 

Now I'm not one to judge someone before getting to know them... Most of the time but this kid has got so much energy, how! I remember when I first arrived I was exhausted, it hurt to join the mind palace but this guy is acting like he's had coffee for the first time.

"I'm back! Now, what movie! Hmmm?" HE threw the blankets at me, dropping the popcorn carelessly onto the coffee table. I looked back to the kitchen to see a trail of popcorn. He definitely lived up to his name.

"How abou-" 

"Black Cauldron!" He cheered, cutting me off.

"That's not really my kind of Disney Carter, maybe invite Anx, he'd probably enjoy it more than me," I said, yawning halfway through. 

He looked pissed, almost disgusted. 

"But I don't wanna hand out with him! I wanna hang out with you!" He pouted, puppy eyes and all. 

"Alright..." I agreed, reluctantly. This was gonna be a long night.

"Yay! Now budge up!" He jumped back onto the couch, only just missing me.

~~~Time skip brought to you by a late update~~~

We were about halfway through the movie when Carter started talking and when he started, he didn't stop. He'd ask questions and not wait for answers like;

"When did you form them?"

"Was Thomas different back then?"

"How do we get chosen?"

"Why is Anxiety here?" 

The last one got my attention and apparently his too as he actually stopped talking, looking at me expectantly for an answer.

"Um... I don't know really? I guess he's the fight or flight response?" I mumbled, half asleep by now.

"I just don't get why he's here? Isn't it cruel for him to put Thomas through all that and n-" I stopped listening about there, closing my eyes on Carter smiling a little too wide.

~~~

I moved around in my sleep, trying to get comfortable on the stiff couch. I said this was gonna be a bad idea.

I open my eyes slightly, seeing a black figure in front of me and feeling a pressure against my side before finally falling into a deep sleep.

(Sorry this update is late, I was in surgery last week. Hope you've enjoyed this chapter, sorry it's short, a little filler. I've got the next few plot points planned out so hopefully, they'll be out quicker, no promises though. AND BTW THIS FANFIC HAS 6 THOUSAND READS! WHAT THE HECK! WHY! Thank you guys so much for reading, commenting and voting! It really makes my day to see that people actually enjoy this mess. Have a good day peeps!)