9

Anxiety's Pov

I wake up feeling heavy, almost numb? And I'm in my bed.But I never sleep in my bed? What happened last night?

I look around the room for any sight of the person who put me here only to find no one. 

Wasn't Dyllon here? Maybe he's out talking to Patton.

I begin walking to my door, that heavy feeling still present. I open the door and walk out into the living room only to be faced with a not so kind sight. 

Roman is sleeping restlessly on the couch and Carter is leaning against him, also asleep. 

And again I feel that heavy feeling but this time it's worse. Must be heartburn or something. 

I try to shove the thought of the two out of my mind as I wander off to find D. He's got to be here somewhere.

I walk into the Kitchen to find Logan, sipping some coffee at the counter.

"Hey Anxiety," He says, almost nervously.

"How are you feeling this morning? You sounded quite distressed last night?" He asks

"Distressed? What happened last night?" I try to think back to what happened last night but everything feels like a messy blur in my head, it almost hurts to try.

"You don't remember? We heard you scream? Patton was very concerned" He's put his coffee down now

"I honestly don't remember anything" I drag my hands over my face in frustration, this is making no sense.

He walks towards me, the back of his hand in the air,  level with my forehead. He gives me a look asking for permission before placing his hand against my forehead.

"Mild temperature." He pulls away, his hand moving to rest on his chin. His thoughtful pose.

"Have you been feeling any discomfort other than-"

"Crippling anxiety?" I smirk, crossing my arms

"Not really? Unless you count the weird numb feeling I felt this morning." I mumble, lacing my fingers through my hoodie nervously.

This catches his attention, he stands up straight

"Numbness? You've been feeling physically numb?" He asks

"No, not physically. More of a mental numbness I guess? It's nothing really, I'm just feeling a little different I guess?"

"Well, I can't diagnose anything on those symptoms alone. I recommend getting some extra sleep and ensuring you're well hydrated and eating well enough. We can return to this if the symptoms persist" He nods his head conclusively, picking up his coffee to take a sip before noticing it's gone cold and pouring it away.

I begin to walk out of the kitchen, trying to ignore the question burning in my throat. I turn back without thinking.

"Why didn't you or Patton come to check on me when I screamed?" I ask, immediately regretting the words as they tumble from my mouth.

"Oh? We did. Patton practically dragged me but when we got there Roman seemed to have you under control, so we left him to it"

Roman came to help me?

I walk back to my room, that question repeating over and over in my head, along with many attempts at an answer

He cares about you!

He hurt you in the first place!

He wanted to kill the thing that was troubling your life!

He wanted to find what was hurting you and help!

He lo-

Yet none of these seemed right...

I curl up in one of my blankets on the floor when I get to my room, attempting to answer a seemingly simple question till I fall off into a surprisingly calm sleep, the thought of Roman still on my mind.

(If anyone is keeping track, I've now procrastinated with Heathers, Dear Evan Hansen, Be more Chill and now Hamilton. Did anyone get a bingo? Sorry, this was so short and took so long, I had about three tests last week. I also have no idea what tense this books in anymore. And finally, 8.7 THOUSAND READS WHAT THE HICKELTY HECKLE! YOU GUYS! HOW! WHY! WHEN! THANK YOU! *insert Roman's scream here* Hope you all have a productive rainbow day!