Chapter 7: "Eclipse and Halloween!"

{August 20th, 2017}

A few months later, Victoria stands beside some scientists and listens to them talking about the eclipse that would be appearing the following day.

"Eclipse?" She asks.

"Yes, a solar eclipse. We've spread glasses to everyone." The scientists say.

"I need 40." She says. She's given forty and she heads back to Bricktown.

{Later-Victoria's POV}

I head into the room where everyone was sitting talking. Lee, Shane, and Joan were showing everyone how to use phones, radios, TVs and computers.

"Hey guys, I've got glasses we need to wear for tomorrow." She says.

"Glasses?" Everyone asks and Victoria nods.

"Yeah, there is an eclipse tomorrow and it could blind us." Victoria says.

"What's an eclipse?" Armin asks.

"You are going to find out. Meet me early in the morning, we're heading to the Clarksville wall. Gotta be there by noon." Victoria says and the group nods.

{Next Day}

Victoria loads the greyhound bus they brought in up with food and stuff as they were going to have a party on top of the roof while they watch the eclipse. Everyone gets loaded into the bus and Victoria drives them to the wall. They use their ODM gear to scale the wall upon arrival and use lifts to get things on the top of the wall. Victoria passes around the sodas and checks the time.

"So, what is an eclipse anyway?" Levi asks.

"A solar eclipse especially is when the sun is blocked by the moon for a short period of time. It creates a shadow over the Earth." Victoria says, "It's a beautiful sight. This is going to be a wonderful sight for the remaining people in America... They have the chance to see the hopes of a better future one day." She stares out at the other part of Clarksville and see titans wandering around aimlessly. She gets tears in her eyes before she checks the clock again.

"Alright! Glasses on! It should be upon us!" She says and everyone puts their glasses on and looks up at the sun above them.

"Wow!" Connie says.

"It's amazing." Sasha says.

"The world really is bigger than ourselves..." Joan says.

"It is bigger." Victoria whispers and Reiner glances at Victoria. She looks down as she had tears swelling in her eyes.

About an hour into the eclipse, the moon completely covers the sun and Victoria takes her phone out and starts getting pictures of everyone. She giggles as she ends up trying to make Annie smile. Reiner and Bertolt laugh. Connie and Sasha eat the snacks up. Levi yells at them as Petra and the others shrug or laughs. Mainly everyone stares in shock at the eclipse. As it finishes, everyone heads back down to the bus.

"Thanks for letting us see that. It was amazing." Krista says.

"No problem Krista." Victoria says.

"Who knew the world held so many wonders!" Sasha says.

"The sky certainly was different today." Levi says.

"It's always different. Sometimes the sky looks like it's on fire and other times it's just so gorgeous." Victoria says, "This was the sky's farewell. Summer is over."

Just two months later, though people were training, it was still Fall and it was still getting close to Halloween. It was three days until Halloween and Victoria was decorating Bricktown with Joan, Lee and Shane.