Chapter 9: "If We Were From the Same World?"

Victoria arrives at home and takes off her uniform that was that of the scout uniform. She stretches as she heads into the other room to shower and change. She comes back into the kitchen and starts making herself something to eat. She yawns as it was getting late. Her body was used to the constant movement that she'd come to do all the time. She sits down alone at the table with her food. She looks down at her food as she sat alone. She had friends, but family had gotten eaten. Not like any of her new friends from her favorite show cared that today was her birthday. She places her cupcake she got from a bakery on the table after she finished her dinner.

"Another year alone." She whispers before she blows out the single candle with her eyes closed. Before she can start eating her cupcake there is a knock on her door.

"I'm twenty-two and unless time traveling has been created as well as my favorite show coming to the real world this is no way this is a child." She whispers as she walks to the door. She peeks through the peek-hole of the door and she sighs before opening the door to reveal Reiner.

"Hey." Reiner says.

"Hey, what's up?" She asks.

"Your friends mentioned that today is your birthday." Reiner says.

"Yeah, and?" She says.

"Well, happy birthday." He says.

"I got that." She says.

"Look, yeah, we were ordered to find the Coordinate, but that seemed to go out of the window when we got here." Reiner says.

"Come in, it's pouring out still." She says, "The previous owners were killed, but I left the rooms the way they were. Your soaking wet." He walks into the house. She leads him up the stairs.

"Now then, according to my research on the previous tenants... I believe they had a twenty-seven-year-old son living with them." She says and leads him into the room.

"I'm only twenty-one." Reiner says.

"Your more muscular than most twenty-one-year olds in this world. What did you mean it went out of the window?" She asks as she tosses him some clothes.

"Well, for some reason the Founding Titan ended up in your capable hands. Which came a bit of a problem..." Reiner says.

"Oh? What kind of problem?" She asks.

"You were cute." Reiner says and she looks back at him.

"Oh, no." She says.

"Hmm?" Reiner asks.

"I've always felt maybe I was born in the wrong world, but... You'll be leaving this world one day." Victoria says.

"And you go back to being alone." Reiner says, "Why have you been alone for nine years?"

"My parents worked all the time, basically put myself through high school. Worked, payed for my own place. Got used to being alone by the time I was seventeen." Victoria says.

"Sounds difficult." Reiner says as he stepped into the conjoining bathroom to change. That was the first thing she'd taught everyone, that in this world, being clean was important. Levi seemed to agree to that very much.

"It was, my parents didn't seem to care... Now they are gone." Victoria says and Reiner steps out of the bathroom.

"Uh, Victoria, this shirt is weird." Reiner says and she looks over at him. He was wearing pants but was having difficulty putting on the shirt.

"It buttons. Right, you come from a world where all you do is pull your shirts over your head. Levi got the hang of his clothes. Supplying clothes for you all has really broken my nonexistent money in my bank account." Victoria says and gets up and helps Reiner button the shirt.

"Did we inconvenience your life by coming here?" Reiner says.

"You guys made my life better." She says, "I have something to live for. A better world can be reborn from this if it's not restored once you leave." He grabs her hand and holds them gently.

"I-I... I don't want to go back." Reiner says.

"Reiner, this is the real life, life isn't a fairy tale. The real world is now your world and my world is dying and I'm in charge of preventing it from falling apart anymore." Victoria says.

"I heard we have a mission tomorrow, where?" Reiner asks.

"To the southernmost state of my country. It's called New Orleans, Louisiana where we'll find the Beast Titan and give myself up." Victoria says as she walks away. Reiner's eyes widen as he walks over and grabs her by the shoulder.

"No! You said so yourself! Your world is dying. They need you to explain our world. You said so yourself four years ago, you are the only one who remembers us." Reiner says.

"If I don't... You get beaten to a pulp!" Victoria says and Reiner's eyes widen, "I read the manga... The Beast Titan... He beats you to the inch of your life. You let Annie get captured and you didn't bring the Coordinate back."

"So, you sacrifice yourself so that me and Bertolt don't get hurt?" Reiner says.

"Exactly." Victoria says.

"Why would you do that?" Reiner asks.

"You are my favorite character..." Victoria says and Reiner's eyes widen in shock.

"And you've become my favorite person in this world." Reiner says and Victoria looks away.

"But you'll leave this world when we find out what happened. I'll be alone again... I want the titans to be gone, but I want you all to stay here." Victoria whispers.

"So, if we were from the same world, could we be together?" Reiner asks.

"If you were from this world, yes..." She says as she looks at him.

"Then I sure as hope we don't go back." Reiner says and her eyes widen in shock.

"R-Reiner." Victoria says.

"I don't want to go back, because back there, I'm a warrior who is hell bent on killing the people... But here, you convinced me to let the soldier side of me to take control and I've been at ease." Reiner says, "All because of you."

"This isn't how it's supposed to be. I'm a normal girl..." Victoria says.

"A wonderful girl with a wonderful personality. I didn't think I'd find myself falling for someone like you. I was fine to do my duty even in this world then I met you and I wanted to protect you." Reiner says and she blushes as he slowly kisses her.

{Later that night-Victoria's POV}

I sit up and stretch as I look around the room. It was the middle of the night. I look over as I blush deeply and I get up and head downstairs. Who was I kidding. No one will remember us. I look at the cupcake I'd left on the counter earlier. I look down at the candle. I wished that none of my friends would leave me.