Chapter 11: "Intelligence Report!"

Upon return to inside the Wall, Victoria writes up the report and then turns it in.

"Miss Russell." Mr. President says.

"Yes?" Victoria asks as she stops as she was leaving the building.

"We have finished the intelligence report on the girl you encountered." Mr. President says.

"Oh, right, thanks." She says and takes the report from the secret service guy.

"I hope you take the information well." Mr. President says as he heads into the building. She walks away and heads to her place.

Upon arrival at her place, she sits back on the couch. She hits the remote to turn on her music. She looks at the report sitting on the table in front of her. She takes a deep breath before opening the folder and she begins reading.

"Rebecca Nicholson, twenty-two years old, born March 15th, 1999. Adopted at a week old. Biological parents... Adam and Marcie Russell..." Victoria says and her eyes widen as she looks at her phone at her picture of her parents before she continues, "Born with a twin sister, but having the two together proved to a problem as for some reason, Victoria's stats would suddenly plummet and she became deadly ill. Parents learned that somehow, Rebecca was making her sister ill, put Rebecca up for adoption to protect their other daughter."

"So, you are a twin." Reiner says and Victoria jumps in shock, "Sorry, door was unlocked and I saw you through the window when you didn't reply."

"Reiner..." Victoria says and holds up her hand, "Come sit please." He walks over and sits beside her. His eyes widen when she moves closer to him and holds the folder out to him.

"I-It's too much..." Victoria says.

"Want me to read the rest?" Reiner asks.

"Y-Yes." Victoria says.

"Let's see... If I've got an understanding of your written language you left off at... Rebecca was adopted by the Nicholson family and raised in a nice home. At age 15, she got into the lore of the city and took up Witchcraft. Everyone began fearing her and her life choices, but her adopted parents kept on loving her regardless because for the longest time they couldn't conceive a child. Completely separated from her twin sister, the two girls never knew they were siblings." Reiner says.

"I didn't... I thought I was an only child, but before my grandmother died she told me this story that I thought was a fairy tale." Victoria says.

"What did she say?" Reiner asks.

"She told me about this powerful family of sorcerers and sorceresses and that their magic was dying because of the state of the world was in and the amount of generations in the world. She said that only twins could save the family, but also had the potential to destroy the family. All the magic of the generations couldn't be stored in one child, so it was decreed that it'd be placed into twins. As all humans, they'd have the choice between good and evil, but..." Victoria says and her eyes widen.

"What?" Reiner asks.

"But it'd be up to the oldest twin to place their sibling on the right path. Could my grandmother have foreseen this and wanted to warn me?!" Victoria asks.

"Tori, calm down." Reiner says and places his hand on her arm gently.

"But I had no knowledge of my grandmother being a sorceress or my mother being one." Victoria says.

"It could have been dormant. Sort of like the Coordinate is partially dormant in you?" Reiner asks.

"I have books in my old home in Clarksville, but it's on the other side of the wall." Victoria says.

"Then we make a trip out there." Reiner says.

"Oh my god..." Victoria says.

"What?" Reiner asks.

"What if Rebecca knew she was a twin and that I was kept while she was given up? She said she was responsible for all this because of all the pain and suffering she's endured. What if she sent the titans to Clarksville to get me so I can suffer?" Victoria says.

"But she didn't know you had the coordinate at the time. I'm sure the Beast titan didn't know that it was split in half at the time." Reiner says.

"We were on the video when I used it, I believe." Victoria says.

"I think you're right." Reiner says, "Rebecca must have seen the video and realized that the power was split in two again."

"She wants my power." Victoria says and her face turns shocked, "She wants to kill me to steal my power."

"Well, we can't let that happen." Reiner says.

"I don't plan to, but I'm sure as hell going to get the books from the box my grandmother left me. They looked like journals of her travels when she was younger before she met my grandfather." Victoria says.

"You can't be the only family of sorcerers maybe there were others and she went to learn from them?" Reiner says.

"Dunno." Victoria says, "I guess I won't know until we get back to my house."

"We normally fly over the wall." Reiner says.

"This time we are walking. My house is only a mile from the wall. I actually placed it there so that... So, that I can go home whenever I want after the titans and you all are gone and the world isn't returned to normal." Victoria says and Reiner looks at her.

"Do you want us to go?" Reiner asks. She looks at him then looks down as tears form in her eyes.

"No, I've been greedy with the connections I've formed with you all." Victoria says. The Nightcore version of Shatter Me comes on as Reiner puts his arms around Victoria and hugs her tightly.

"Why does it make you greedy when you've made friends, got to be who you've always wanted to be?" Reiner whispers as Victoria closes her eyes as she lays her head on his shoulder and buries her face against his neck.

"I feel that maybe I was born into the wrong world. Tell me... If I was born within the walls in your world, would you still be acting this way?" Victoria asks and sits back and looks at him.

"Why focus on what could have been instead of focusing on what is?" Reiner asks.

"Because I want to know I haven't spent all this time and energy falling in love with you when at the end of the day, you are still the half Marleyan and half Eldian hell bent on killing everyone and working with the Beast Titan..." Victoria says and Reiner's eyes widen in shock.

"I don't know how to answer that." Reiner says.

"Then how does the here and now feel about answering that? Are you the Armored Titan or are you the Soldier?" Victoria asks.

"Here? Right now? I'm both. I know about how I acted as the Armored Titan and I know about the side of me who acted like a soldier in the other world... In this world, I've been at peace with the two rather than both sides fighting for control, but only because of you. If it had been someone else who'd received the Coordinate, like your sister, I'm pretty sure I would end up pretending to work with the humans again. But I've fallen in love with you too." Reiner says.

"Without even trying." Victoria says.

"Without even trying... And all I want is to remain by your side." Reiner says, "Even if that's impossible."

"Once we defeat my sister... I assume you'll go back to your world and I'll go back to watching you on the show." She says as she looks down sadly. She gets tears in her eyes as she looks at him.

"I don't want you to ever go! I don't want any of you to go! I just want the titans gone! This isn't fair!" She says.

The song Radioactive by Imagine Dragons starts playing after the song ends and she hugs Reiner tightly. He hugs her back and sits back as she continues crying against his chest. They sit together quietly even though the music was going.