Chapter 21: Drink Your Ovaltine

Sandtrap

Sarge and Grif are standing  in the desert while you and Church watch Tucker scream at Caboose.

Sarge: Hmm...

Grif: Hey Sarge, what's wrong?

Sarge: I don't like this, Grif.

Grif: What, the vision?

Tucker: It's a waterfall, it's literally impossible to forget! Like girlfriend dick!

(L/N): That is so fucked...

Sarge: Yeah. I've never been what you'd call a "new age" kinda guy.

Grif: You don't say.

Sarge: But this bowling ball seems to be on a heck of a roll! Pun intended. What with the flying and the laser shooting and all.

Grif: And he can lift stuff without arms. That's pretty cool.

Sarge: That too. What if there's something to this whole vision thing? We need to call Simmons. Find out if him or Team RWBY have seen anything out of the ordinary.

Grif: How? Our long range radio here got destroyed, and we don't have enough signal power in the jeeps to reach them.

Sarge: I think I have an idea how to fix that.

Valhalla
Blue Base

Doc starts to wake up.

Doc: Hh, mm. Ow my head. Oh...

Simmons: Doc, you're alive. Good.

Doc: Yeah, no thanks to you. Why'd you hit me?

Simmons: I didn't hit you, they did.

Simmons bobs his head towards Washington and the Meta.

Doc: Jerks. Who're they?

Simmons: The dark one's Washington. He's a Freelancer.

Doc: Great. 'Cause those guys are always such a blast to hang around with.

Simmons: The big one, we call the Meta.

Doc: But rumor had it those guys were disbanded. Everyone went to jail.

Simmons: Yeah, well I guess they got paroled.

Doc notices four unconscious teenage girls a few feet away from him.

Doc: Woah, Simmons, who are they?

Simmons: That's Team RWBY, Meta and Washington noticed them on their motion sensors after Meta killed Donut and Lopez, and Meta found them and surprised them with one shot.

Doc: But what are they doing here?

Washington: You two, quiet.

The Meta growls.

Washington: Then you need to stop trying to use all of them. You just don't have the resources anymore.

Simmons: Meta killed a bunch of other Freelancers too. Took their equipment.

Doc: Like the invisibility?

Simmons: Yeah, and the shield and the thing that slows down time. He also stole their A.I. fragments, but those all got wiped out. Now something seems, I don't know, wrong with him.