Chapter 42: Revenants

(A/N):
I've decided to also include Season 10 into this book, because little "romance" happened in Season 8 and I think I can add some more parts to that with Season 10 (little Freelancer parts will be added, sadly) (But now they have, because honestly I don't know why the fuck I didn't write the Freelancer portion of Season 10). Along with this, I've also decided to have the Chorus Trilogy be it's own separate book as well.

Freelancer Case File 02.417
Many Years Ago...

~ Jeff Williams - Worst Lockpicker Ever ~

Inside a room, a computer plays a sports talk show while the Insurrectionist Guard rests in a chair with his feet up.

Stu Stuman: And now the moment you've all been waiting for, from the far distant system of Sanghelios... I hope I'm pronouncing that correctly, the bad boys of Grifball: Team Heretic!

The Insurrectionist lies back in his chair, yawning.

Stu Stuman: And your home playing favorites: Slipspace!

The monitor begins to go haywire and show different clips of videos. Delta appears and startles the Insurrectionist, waking him up.

Delta: I hate to intrude, but you have not performed any work in the past 13 minutes and 42 seconds. That strikes me as rather inefficient.

Insurrectionist Guard: Oh uh, sorry I was just trying to uh, yeah, how how do you get a new window? You know, like the, you know, like a new window, what's the button thing for that, you know?

Delta: I believe the keys you are looking for are: Alt Tab.

Insurrectionist Guard: Oh yeah, thanks little guy. Wait, who are you? You don't look like the normal holo-projection.

Delta: That is because I am the A.I designated as Delta, from Project Freelancer.

Insurrectionist Guard: Wait, you're from Project Freelancer? Wait, aren't those the bad guys?

Delta: There is no need for name calling. I submit that Project Freelancer is neither good nor bad, much like your own forces. We are merely two groups dedicated to obtaining different results.

Insurrectionist Guard: Whoa man that's, that's deep... Its like-it's like there's different universes but you know there's-

From behind, York grabs the Insurrectionist by his helmet.

York: Don't encourage him, he's already long-winded as it is.

York slams the Insurrectionist's head on the desk, and he flips onto the ground.

York: Thank God. I thought you two would never stop chit-chatting.

York begins typing on the computer.

Delta: I'm not sure that was entirely necessary. He seemed open to the logic I presented him. Perhaps he would have allowed us to carry on our mission.

York: Sorry I knocked out your new friend. Now you two will never get to have a beer together.

Delta: I believe that would have been unlikely, regardless.