Chapter 3 - Were Lessons 101

"I think I saw...eyes." I told Liana nervously.

"Really? Whose? Mine?" She asked me with mock seriousness. I scowled at her, not finding anything funny about the situation.

I was going to go crazy. I really hoped this was some terrible nightmare and I'd wake up in the morning, human, and in my own bed.

"This is no joke, Liana!" I gave up scowling and threw my arms open in exasperation. "All of this... All this shit is seriously getting to my head now! Don't you understand how scared I'm here, completely out of my wits? I don't understand anything at all. Suddenly I'm thrown into the world of vampires, werewolves and I'm hearing things like MoonLine, mate, Luna, alpha, pure—"

In what you could call a nanosecond, Liana closed my mouth forcefully with her hand, stopping me midway through my rant. I looked at her, with wide eyes and probably with a face as white as those of the vampires.

She warned me darkly, "Don't. Don't say that word here. And don't worry; they are just the guards who keep a check on the wolves moving in and out of the territory. They know me, and are more loyal to me than to the alphas —perks of being a powerful Luna by blood— so they won't harm us. Come, " She took off her hand and smiled at me warmly, her comforting waves surrounding me once again.

"I'll take you to my place. We'll talk there and I'll explain everything to you."

****************

It was a big, isolated house, where she lived. It was beautiful, honestly, but there was no other house around, and from outside, it looked abandoned, giving it an eerie look. It was as warm inside as it was cold outside and I took my time to get familiar with her house, where I could be living for longer than I was probably thinking.

Right now, I was more uncertain about my future than ever. Since childhood, I had a path set, a future already decided in my mind about what I wanted to do and what kind of person I always wanted to be. But now, it was like I wasn't even sure if I was a human. Whizzing past miles of forests with a woman on my back without being breathless by the end wasn't something a human could do.

What surprised me most was how comfortable I was around Liana. I knew she wasn't a human, a fact that should have made me wary of her.

But I wasn't.

She's a Luna. Everyone is supposed to feel comfortable around her.

I jumped at the voice, startled. It was now I realized how creepy it was hearing someone listen to your thoughts and talk out of the blue.

"Did you hear that?" I asked Liana, who was rummaging in her refrigerator.

"What?" She stood up and frowned at me, looking around to check what I heard.

"I was just thinking about how I'm comfortable around you and someone said that you're a Luna, and everyone is supposed to be comfortable around you." I told her, while freaking out internally.

She smiled and said, "That's probably your wolf."

Wolf?

Yes, I'm your wolf

"That's. So. Fucked up, Liana. What the fuck is this? My subconscious? My soul talking to me?"

It's not just her. I'm here too, your PureBlood.

My head felt dizzy now, "I'm going to faint, Liana." I said and in the next moment she was next to me, with a glass of water in her hand. How she managed to do that without spilling water would probably remain a mystery.