Chapter 22 - Rivalry

Guys, if you've seen this story after a good amount of time, I'd suggest you read the previous chapter. I've added a few things there.

**********

Aiden really was the sweetest. He woke me up tenderly, and then fed me snacks and stuffed my face with chocolate. Then he was patiently waiting till I took a relaxing bath – which he had fixed for me – and then escorted me to show me the entire palace. Somehow, he knew all the right things to do to make me feel happier and comfortable and I could feel myself softening towards him.

It was so different for me, not having to worry about Aiden going back to another woman after spending his time with me. I knew that he was mine and only mine.

There was only love and happiness in my mind when I was with him – with him pampering me like I was some princess and getting me to laugh again and again. We walked in the corridors, and he was holding my hand, passing me smiles from time to time. I was dressed decently, all thanks to Aiden, and now I was looking around in awe.

Both the castles were huge and beautiful – one was occupied by the elders and the other was occupied by the families of the ones in command. It was crazy watching the lines of portraits of ancestors.

"Vampires and Werewolves, both the species are immortals and are basically the same when it comes to having little vamps running around. The only difference is that we don't have the 'heat' thing over here. We have mating seasons, when all the males and females are insanely horny. Also, we don't have to mark each other to strengthen the bond between mates. We have some blood rituals which involve blood fusion, sucking each other's blood and something like that. The third in-command had found his mate a few months ago and he'll be having a public ritual in a few days. You might understand that way better."

I nodded, "It's going to be interesting, I guess."

He clasped my hand in his and led me outside the castle, and there seemed to be a cave of sorts in some distance. It was not too close, and we walked past it, yet I felt strangely drawn to that place.

"What's that?" I asked him, eyeing whatever that thing was, and trying to wrap my mind around the feeling of wanting to go inside it.

"It's an underground dungeon housing those vampires who have life sentences." He said, looking straight and without any emotion, "I know you might be curious, but don't go there at all costs. What you might see inside isn't pretty."

I nodded at him, not minding the dungeon much,  suppressing the pull.

He led me forward and there was a large clearing which had a stage of sorts. There was huge space and someone was arranging chairs and table neatly, while the stage was left alone. It was beautiful and looked like a place where celebrations took place so I concluded it must be for those blood rituals.

"Yes, you are right." He pointed towards the clearing, "Annual feasts, public announcements and blood rituals – they all happen here. If you look ahead, you'll find the mall and some popular clothing chains there. And yeah, food; since you are more used to having regular human food, you can have that here. We'll have the cook at the place gather something for you, but most of us here have raw meat and blood only, and it might be difficult for you to change your diet in an instant."

I nodded again, not really caring. I realised just then that I had never really explored the Were Kingdom to this extent and I had nothing to compare to. I went for a run with Liana once, when I had just found out about this side of the world and had ended up getting her and myself caught.