Chapter 24 - Another Meeting

This was fun to write...

*******************************

I was a nervous wreck.

Today was the meeting with the Werewolves and I still didn't know what the agenda behind the meeting was. All I knew was that Lazarus and Aiden, both would be looking at me closely the entire time to see how I would react to Adrian.

And it was not going to be good. All I could do was have enough strength to compose my feelings and my features. Knowing Adrian, I knew he was going to try something to get a reaction out of me and he knew enough ways to press my buttons.

I was really worried about Celeste and how she was going to come out in front of everyone.

I myself was still not sure who I wanted. If anybody asked me to choose out of the two, I wouldn't know who to pick. Yes, Adrian had broken my heart and my pride a lot of times, but it didn't mean I had lost all my love for him. The mate bond would never let me forget him.

Don't worry about me, I have too much ego to go back to him crawling like that. Celeste said.

Oh, I wasn't worried about Celeste now, alright. It was too easy to say everything without having him right in front of you. I knew there were going to be hidden gazes, secret glares and sneaking glances during the meeting.  Or maybe something else entirely; I just hoped I wasn't seated anywhere near him..

I wished there was a way I could block the mind-link; I couldn't even bring myself to regret marking him.

And maybe at the meeting, I would finally be able to decide who I would choose if ever given the ultimatum.

There was one thing though; as long as Delia was present besides Adrian, I would never be able to choose him. I refused to act like a whore again and be a homewrecker. What if the pup was really his and had lost his or her life? I would've never been able to forgive myself if something like that ever happened.

No innocent deserved to be a victim of such a complicated situation.

"Are you alright?" Aiden said, wrapping his arms around me, making me face him. His thumbs were tracing circles on my back, and I melted into him, burrowing my face in his chest.

I really did love this guy; being with Aiden was so uncomplicated and easy. He was everything I ever wanted - the king of Prince Charming I always dreamt of. We argued a lot too - there were a lot of things regarding which we had different opinions, and there were many times when he tried to put some restrictions on me.

For my own safety, of course.

I acted like a spoilt brat many times, but he handled me just well and every time, it made me swoon. I was so fucking lucky that I had a second chance at love with him, unlike Liana who had been stuck with Jaxon for years.

Well, they were better together now, or so I hoped.

I missed her, and I missed Mercy and Kia, too. I had no idea what they all were up to and that was perhaps the only thing I hated about being here. I couldn't contact my old friends and my grandparents in any case. In fact, this was one of the things I had argued about with Aiden. It would be wrong for me to stay in touch with both sides and Lazarus didn't trust me that well, yet.

"I'll be honest, Aiden, I'm a nervous wreck." I didn't want to lie to him about this - he deserved to know the turmoil that was brewing inside me. See, vampires could feel the emotions of their mates, but unlike Werewolves, they couldn't exactly tap into their thoughts. So, here, we both were at a disadvantage with each other. With no transparency, it was hard to trust each other blindly.