Adrian Wolfe: Burning

If I tried to use words to describe what the last couple of days meant to me, I would be doing injustice to every bit of emotion I felt.

I would never forget these past days, watching my beautiful mate hot, sweaty and writhing in her sheets, beckoning me with everything she had to take her ache away. My brain was in a haze the entire time I could only see Moon, in all her beautiful glory, looking so much more edible while I stood aside, trying to stop myself from doing something irreversible. I knew that once I marked her, there was no going back. No force in the world would stop me from claiming her, keeping her by my side, and if I thought irrationally, I would do the same thing I feared I would do.

But my Celeste was looking so damn beautiful, the scent in the air was driving me crazy, and my wolf was tearing my mind apart.

There was no way I wouldn't succumb to that.

I tried my best to think of everything, her other mate, everything that would stop me from succumbing to the heat, but I was fighting a losing battle.

And then she called out my name, and I was ready to devour her.

My mate. She was all mine. No other man would keep her away from me, she would always be connected to me, she would always love me, and she would always be mine and only mine.

Her other mate – no matter how hard he tried, he would never be able to give her what I can; he would never be able to beat what Moon and I have with each other.

I had lost all my reasons and powers that day when I surrendered to my Queen, and she was just as much lost it me. It was empowering, the love she had for me, the things she whispered in the throes of passion, the way our souls connected amidst it all and the pleasure written on her face.

I had never felt this way before.

Now that I was lying on the bed with her in my arms; her heat had faded away but the emotions between both of us remained the same. Some doubts and fears crept up in her mind now and then once her mind started to clear out a little, but I dissolved them all by distracting her with our lovemaking skills.

We had the best time ever, and I was not ready to let go of her in any way. I didn't want anything to come between us, no doubts, no fears, and no thoughts of other men and women. Our bond was in a vulnerable position as it is, I didn't want anything to ruin it. She had another mate, the bloody vampire, and that was enough for me to never want her to leave the bedroom.

A foreboding sense of doom took over my mind all of a sudden and I heard a knock on the door next. The entire kingdom knew how their Alpha and Luna had spent the past few days and that is why I knew no one would interrupt without having a good reason for interrupting.

And it wasn't very hard to guess that it was not a good thing.

"The Pack Healer has requested your presence, Your Majesty." The guard said, anxiety written all over his face.

"For what purpose?" I asked.

I didn't even hear what he said next, he was babbling something but my mind was completely focused on the image he unknowingly projected to me.

Of Delia writhing in pain, crying.

I didn't think twice before leaving for the hospital, not even stopping to put on a shirt. I could only think about Delia and the thought of losing her just because of something that was not in my control.

And the pup.

The pup deserved to see the world. The pup deserved the world.

I wished I could take the pain way, I wished it would have been in my control, I knew the happening of the past few days were going to change my entire life, but I...