Chapter 19 - Cynthia

I stiffened.

My PureBlood, Cynthia seemed like she was uneasy inside me and wanted to come out. I clenched my fists at my side; some weird feeling was curling in my stomach and I was feeling nauseous. I kept staring at the man, but he was too far for me to catch his features and above that my vision was getting blurry.

All I could do was feel - the intensity of his gaze, the possessive feeling coursing through me as I watched him go farther from me and the need to be with him. Going away from him did not feel right; all of a sudden, being in Adrian's arms did not feel right. I was confused and only acting on instincts, I never knew what Liana had been saying would ever be right.

But, here I was.

The car was moving way too fast for my liking. I wanted it to slow down - not just slow down, I wanted it to fucking stop. I wanted to escape out of the suffocating car and run towards the man whose presence was pulling me towards him.

"Stop the car!" My voice didn't sound like mine. I was still staring at the man, who was quite away from me now. The increasing distance was making something in me ache and I wondered why he was standing just on the same spot. Why was he just looking at me? Why wasn't he coming for me - coming after me?

He didn't even look surprised.

"Josh, move it faster. Don't. Fucking. Stop!" The growl that rumbled from under me registered after some time, and my attention snapped back to my mate, Adrian. The one I couldn't  bear to  touch right now because everything felt wrong.

He was glaring at me.

His arms came around me, his one hand fisting in my hair and his mouth crashing down on mine. He held my head in place while I was squirming, his tongue forcefully parted my lips and he deepened the kiss. I struggled for sometime, but he managed to bring my entire attention to him.

And suddenly, everything felt right - his touch, his kisses and me being in his arms. 

Lust coursed through my blood, sending tingles down my spine and it had heat pooling down to my core. My body melted in his arms and I sighed in his mouth - my lips moving against his on their own accord. He didn't have to hold my head in place anymore, but he kept pulling me closer.

The kiss wasn't gentle or soft in any way - it was possessive and he thoroughly ravished my mouth with his. My brain shut down, the two voices inside me that were about to fight just faded away. My body recognized its soul mate; there was not a single thought in my mind that wasn't about him.

Adrian Wolfe.

After he got what he wanted - me tamed in his arms - he pulled away, staring at me right in the eye. Rage flamed in his eyes and I hung my head to avoid eye contact with him.

Looking at that man, I felt like I was cheating on my mate. This was not how I was supposed to feel.

A surge of jealousy and possessiveness curled in my chest and it wasn't difficult to guess the owner of those emotions. My insides felt like they were being torn apart and there was nothing more I wanted than to get away from all of this. The dark emotion threatened to bring out tears, and the rapidly increasing distance between me and the man shattered whatever remained of me then.

When the man was finally out of my sight, that too because of a hulking figure blocking my vision, I slumped back into Adrian, feeling too drained to protest and remember that I was supposed to be mad at him.

Mate.

Cynthia whispered in my mind. For the first time since I heard her, I could hear the despair in her voice; I could feel every emotion plunging and twisting a knife in my heart.