Chapter 13 - My Parents

My brain simply refused to work.

Everything was confusing me, the whole PureBlood thing, the similarity between me and Melissa's daughter, Mercy's weird magic - none was making sense. My life had never been such a mess, and now that I decided to sit and think over it, I was interrupted by Adrian.

He looked just as sinfully gorgeous as he always looked, the light from the nearby window highlighting his sharp jawline, his beautiful, mesmerising silver orbs, his soft lips that I desperately wanted to be on my body. Too bad, he wasn't mine even though he was.

How confusing.

"I asked you something, Moon," His tone was dark, dangerous, and his hard eyes were completely unreadable. "And I am not asking you again. What was it that you were doing in Liana's room last night?"

The question finally sunk in and my eyes widened.

Shit! Shit! Shit! I miserably failed in trying not to panic and I knew Adrian could feel and see it.

"I was just sleeping," I blurted, "I was feeling very lonely in that palace - I'm not used to living in such big spaces and I was scared so I came here."

"No, you were not." He stated as if it was a fact. "You didn't sleep, you fainted. But whatever you did was something that werewolves are not supposed to do."

"I don't know what you're saying."

Next moment I was backed up against the wall with Adrian looming over me and his arms trapping me within them.

I bit my lip and his eyes darkened.

"What are you?" He asked, his hard eyes challenging me to tell him the truth. He knew – or at least he had an idea, but he wanted to hear it from me. He wanted to intimidate me, scare me into telling him.

"I don't know what you're saying," I whispered, my heart beating with a frantic tempo, betraying my lie. I was sure not even a single part of my body was composed, and it just proved that I couldn't lie to him at all.

Why was it that I couldn't keep my composure in front of him?

"I. Am. Your. Mate." He answered my unasked question, "My lovely, Moon, you and I are made in such a way that we can't lie to each other no matter what."

He placed a large, warm hand on my chest, right above my heart, pushing me slightly against the wall. "This heart of yours," he met my eyes, "these wide, beautiful eyes of yours, " and then his eyes roamed all over my body, darkening in a delicious way that made my thighs clench, "And this delectable body of yours," he grabbed my thigh and wrapped my leg around his waist, "Can't lie to me."

At this moment, I realised Celeste was me. We were not two different entities anymore, the way my PureBlood and I were - which only meant that I couldn't call my wolf to give me some courage to argue with Adrian now.

Poor me.

My body and mind were entirely at war. At one hand, the proximity between me and him aroused my body, to the point that I was shivering with his heat and scent surrounding me. On the other hand, my mind was scared and boggled, whether to tell him the truth or not.

"Moon, Celeste, why don't you tell me the truth now?" He asked, and then leaned in closer, caressing the crook of my neck with the tip of his nose.

I shivered.

"A-A-Adrian..." My voice was a soft whimper and I couldn't even hate myself for being so weak when it came to him.

He pressed his lips right over my throbbing pulse, and then his tongue flicked out to throw my mind into a frenzy.