Chapter 16 - Confrontation

@CatherineHarvey1 .....Here's the chapter for you!

************************************

Adrian had a tight grip on my waist for the entire time till our ride back to my home. He was acting as if the moment I left his lap, another man - my supposed PureBlood mate - would snatch me away from the poor little Werewolf King.

"Adrian, please..." I gritted out, "This is ridiculous! I'm getting uncomfortable."

"Just one more minute." He grumbled, and buried his nose back into my hair. I really didn't know that such big, bad alphas could get so pouty and grumpy - that too, like a little puppy - when their pride was endangered by their mate.

And also, The Alpha Prime and The Beta King did not pay attention to the harassment I was facing in the backseat of the car. Liana, on the other hand, still acted like she was drunk out of her mind and decided that now was the right time to recite her century's worth of research work.

"You know what, Moon? PureBloods had human mates, too, just like Werewolves do. And there is a sea full of humans for you to swim in and catch! Who knows, maybe you will really find your mate! After all, Cynthia wouldn't want to be alone and let Celeste have all the fun?"

"Now, who the fuck is Cynthia?" Adrian grumbled.

I rolled my eyes when Liana gasped loudly. Why become furious at people when your friend can do just that for you?

"Oh My Goddess!" Liana cupped her face and widened her eyes dramatically, "You don't know!? You don't know a thing about your own fucking mate?!" All of a sudden, Liana grabbed my hand and violently yanked me off Adrian's lap so that I went straight into hers.

Well, at least there was no big bulge here to make me squirm and think of all things dirty.

"Oh my poor, poor baby," Liana cooed and brought my head down to her chest, stroking my hair, "See, he doesn't even know that your wolf and your PureBlood have different names - Celeste and Cynthia. Now, that's it! You shouldn't stay with this Big Meanie anymore," she gave Adrian a stink eye, "We are going to find another mate for you asap so that he can stop calling you 'Mine' and can go back to Her Highness, Queen Delia."

I could see Jaxon rubbing his head and Adrian holding in his fury. The veins popping in his neck and forehead were enough for me to know that Liana needed to shut up or I was going to be dragged back into the Were Kingdom to be shackled to the King's bed.

"...I had read somewhere that when a she-wolf mates with a human, she immediately gains the ability to have a lot of babies, but only one of them has a dominant wolf gene! Can you imagine that Moon? Not one, but many babies! I think I should think about -"

"-Liana?" I interrupted.

"You liked my idea?" She asked me with big, bright excited eyes.

"You want to go back home?"

"Your? Yes." She chirped.

"Then keep that mouth shut for a while."

It was after Liana had shut up that I realised that perhaps her chattering was better than the mind-numbing silence. There was probably every dark emotion mixed in that silence - tension, fury, grief, desperation, lust, bloodlust, possessiveness were only a few of them.

"Turn up the radio, please." Liana whined, "You guys are so boring, it's suffocating."

Jaxon did just that for her, and it was like everyone in the car was thankful that they didn't have to face the awkward silence that seemed to permeate the air. Even though I didn't want to, I stole a glance towards Adrian who was staring at me, and I could feel the brooding vibes from right where I was sitting on Liana's lap.