Chapter 1

I'm not a doctor. And I'm not from english speaking country. That's probably all you need to know. Enjoy:)

***

"Incoming!" Maggie yelled.

"Twenty-five years old male. GCS 6. BP 90 over 40. Possible internal bleeding," said Gabby as she and Sylvie entered Chicago Med.

"Doctor Rhodes, trauma 1."

"Got it. Move him on my count. One, two, three," Connor said. "What's happened?"

"Colapsed building. Matt and Kelly went for him, but it all fell down on them," Gabby explained, tears in her eyes.

"Will and Ethan are taking care of them right now," April said.

"Thank you, Gabby, I'm sure they'll do everything they can," Connor told her. They didn't have the best start of their friendship but he considers her a good friend now. And he knows how much she loves Matt.

"Okay. I'm gonna need a head CT, chest x-ray, full blood panel," Connor started giving orders as soon as he saw how bad the victim's injuries are.

"I don't like his vitals, damn it. Give me an ultrosaund."

"Right away, doctor," a nurse said.

"There's some fluid in his abdomen. He's bleeding from his liver and the kidney doesn't look good either."

"Doctor Rhodes, his sats are dropping."

"We have to move. There's no time for the CT. We're going straight to the O.R."

They almost started moving, but then they heard the scary sound that told them there's something wrong with the heart.

Connor immediately jumped on the bed and started doing chest comprassions. April took an ambu bag so she could deliver some air to the patient's lungs.

"Push one of epi," Connor said to the nurse.

"Hold," he said after a while and everybody stopped.

"No pulse," said the nurse.

"Another one of epi," Connor reacted as he started trying to restart the young man's heart. They couldn't use the paddles, only hands and medication.

"Pulse check."

"Still no pulse, doctor."

"Damn it," Connor yelled. "Give him another one."

The nurse looked at April, but then she did what she was told.

"Okay, hold."

"No pulse."

"Damn it, damn it, damn it," Connor mumled. He put his index finger and middle finger to the man's neck. He felt no pulse.

"Time of death 15:37," Dr. Rhodes said and took off his gloves. He took one last look at the patient. It was a young man with blond hair in a black hoody and jeans.

Connor step out of the trauma room and looked around. Maggie looked at him with worry in her eyes.

"The patient didn't make it," he told her.

"His dad is in the waiting room. Daniel Everwood. Do you want me to come with you?" she asked.

"No, that's okay, thanks," he gave her a sad smile.

When he entered the waiting room, everyone looked at him. Almost every member of the 51 was there.

"Connor, how's the victim?" Gabby came to him. She still had tears in her eyes.

He shouldn't tell her. She wasn't related to the victim. So he just shook his head.

She took a deep breath.

"Gabby, you okay? Any news on Matt and Kelly?"

"Matt went straight to the O.R. Dr. Choi is still working on Kelly," she said with shaky voice.

"Hey, come here," Connor pulled her into a hug. "I have to inform the family but right after that I'm gonna go to the O.R., okay?"

"Thank you, Connor," she said. He led her to her seat next to Herrman.

"Hey, Connor," he said. Gabby put her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes.

"Hey," Connor whispered.

He noticed a man in the back. He was watching him.

"Mr. Everwood?" Connor came to him.

"Yes. How's my son?" he asked.

"I'm doctor Rhodes, I treated him. I'm very sorry, we did everything we could. Unfortenately his-"

"No!" the man grabbed Connor's shoulders. "You killed him. My boy is dead." He cried. Then somehow Connor hit the wall.

"Hey, stop it!" It was Chief Boden. He came to the man and pulled him off of Connor. "I'm sorry for your loss." The man tried to get away, but chief was stronger. Then the man gave up. He almost fell down, but Boden caught him.

"My boy. My beautiful boy is dead. He's my only child," he cried. It hurt Connor just to watch him.

"Connor, come with me," it was Natalie. It was like she came out of nowhere. She gently grabbed his arm and took him out of the waiting room.

"You okay?" she asked as they left. It took a few seconds for Connor to answer.

"Yeah... Thank you... I need to check on something now."

Natalie watched him. Of course he wasn't okay.

"You know you can talk to me," she told him.

He just gave her a smile and walked away.

***

I'm sorry for all the mistakes.
Please let me know what you think:) Should I continue?