adventure gone wrong

Zach's pov: "You do realize we're not children so you don't have to watch us." I said to Corbyn and Jonah once everyone else left.

"Technically since you're under eighteen you are still a child." Jonah said smirking.

"I wanna go home." Rachel stated.

"I'll drive you." I said.

"It's fine, I'll get an Uber to come." She said.

"Okay." I said.

She pulled out her phone and I assume she order herself an Uber.

"It should be here in ten minutes." She claimed.

I hummed in response.

"Zachy, we should do something tonight." She said.

"How about we go on a late night adventure?" I asked smiling.

She scrunched up her nose.

"Would I have to wake up really late?" She asked.

"I'll pick you up before it gets too dark so you won't be asleep yet." I said.

"Great." She said.

Her phone dinged.

"My Uber's here so I gotta get going." She said standing up.

I stood up then walked her to the front door. She gave me a quick kiss on the lips then left. I walked back to the living room and laid down on the couch then stared up at the ceiling.

"Can I say something even though it's really rude?" Corbyn asked.

I turned my head and looked at him.

"Go for it." I said.

"Rachel shouldn't have any right to go on a late night adventure with you when that's Liz and your thing to do." Corbyn said.

"It wouldn't even be that late." I said.

I turned to look back up at the ceiling.

"E's way better than Rachel." Jonah said.

"Don't call her, E." I said clenching my jaw.

"And why can't I call her that?" Jonah asked.

"It's my nickname for her." I said sternly.

"It's not like you're as close with her like you used to be." Jonah said.

"Yeah, Jack and Daniel are both a lot closer with her now." Corbyn chimed in.

I rolled my eyes, even though I knew it was true, which hurts me to see.

"How would Liz feel if she found out you are going on an adventure without her?" Jonah asked.

"I'll just bring her with Rachel and me, no big deal." I said shrugging.

"Aye guys what did we miss?" Daniel asked as Jack and him walked in the front door.

"He's taking Rachel out on an adventure tonight." Corbyn said pointing at me.

Jack's and Daniel's jaws dropped.

"I'm gonna bring E with." I said putting my hands up in defense.

"Then I'm coming too!" Jack exclaimed.

"Same here." Daniel said.