telling the parents (part 2)

Liz's pov: "I'm nervous." I said once Zach pulled his car into my driveway.

Zach chuckled and turned towards me.

"Liz, if anything I should be worried not you." Zach said.

I sighed.

"I know, but this is my family and what they think matters to me." I said.

"I know it does, it matters to me too." He said tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear.

He leaned in and gave me a short, but sweet kiss on the lips.

"Everything will be okay." He said resting his forehead against mine.

I smiled softly and nodded slightly.

"Let's do this." I said as I opened my car door.

Zach got out right away then we both walked up to my front door and just walked in.

"I'm home, is anyone here?" I yelled once we got inside.

No one answered. I sighed and turned towards Zach.

"I don't think they're home yet, so do you just want to hang out?" I asked.

Zach nodded then we headed upstairs to my room. I flopped down on my bed and watched Zach close my door.

"What's the point in shutting the door?" I asked chuckling.

Zach shrugged then made his way over to my bed. He laid down by me and turned his body towards me. I turned my body towards him and smiled.

"You're so cute." I mumbled as I lifted my hand and caressed his cheek.

Zach smiled and wrapped his arm around my waist then pulled me closer to him. We both leaned in and began to kiss. In between kisses, Zach began to move so he was now on top of me. I moved my hands up to his hair and ran my fingers through it. Zach moved his hands a little farther down my waist. I could've sworn that I heard my bedroom door open, but I was too focused on making out with Zach to until.

"What the fuck!" I heard Brandon yell.

I quickly -and lightly- pushed Zach off of me and stood up from my bed.

"Shit." I said under my breath as I saw Brandon standing at my door way with Kylie.

Both of their mouths were wide open, clearly shocked that Zach and me were making out on my bed. Zach stood up from my bed and stood next to me. Brandon glared at Zach.

"You little piece of shit, what were you just doing with my sister!" Brandon exclaimed coming towards Zach.

I quickly got in front of Zach and held my hand out in front of me.

"Brandon, stop." I said.

"Give me a good reason not to beat the shit out of him." Brandon stated.

"Because I rather my boyfriend not to get sent to a hospital by my brother." I said rolling my eyes.

"Your boyfriend?" Brandon questioned.

"Yes, my boyfriend." I said moving beside Zach and taking his hand.

Zach immediately entwined our fingers together.

"Holy shit, my best friend has a boyfriend!" Kylie exclaimed quickly rushing over to me and giving me a hug.

I chuckled and hugged her back.

"So anyways are mom and dad home?" I asked pulling away from Kylie and my hug.

"Yeah, I think they might be in the kitchen." Brandon said still staring at Zach and me in disbelief.

"Okay, well we're going to tell them the news." I said dragging Zach out of my room and downstairs.

Luckily just like Brandon said, both of my parents were already together in the kitchen when Zach and me walked in.

"Hey sweetie, hi Zach." My mom said once she saw Zach and me enter the room.

"Hey mom." I said.

"Hi, Mrs. and Mr. Thompson." Zach said.

My dad looked up from his newspaper.

"Hello, Zach." My dad said.

"So uh Zach and me have something we want to tell you." I said.

My dad set down the newspaper and folded his arms. My mom just sat down next to my dad and looked at us.

"So Zach and me are dating now." I said.

"We confessed our feelings for one another a month again and didn't want to start a relationship yet cause I had just gotten out of one." Zach explained.

"Also we're not making our relationship public yet because we want to go on some dates first to see how everything goes." I added.

My mom smiled and clapped her hands.

"My little girl has a boyfriend!" She exclaimed.

"You better not hurt her or I will kick your ass." My dad said sternly to Zach.

Zach quickly nodded his head.

"I promise, I won't hurt her." Zach said.