are you mad?

Liz's pov: We stopped at James's house before we went to mine. I always liked his house. It felt just as comfortable and cozy as it looked. It was very homey, though his parents were rarely home due to the fact they work so much. I've met his parents a couple of times. They're good parents, even though they're barely home. They love and care about James a lot and made me feel apart of their family right away. It was a really nice feeling. Though it made me miss Daniel, Jack, Jonah and Corbyn a lot since they had made me feel like family the first time we met. James changed and grabbed some spare clothes then we left and went to my house. Once we got to my house I got changed into my pajamas. We both laid in my bed -cuddling- in comfortable silence.

"So that didn't go completely terrible." James said breaking the silence.

"Can we never do that again?" I asked propping myself up on my elbow.

"Did something happen?" He asked. "You looked really spooked when you came back from the bathroom."

I looked at him debating if I should tell him or not. At first, I didn't want to tell him. I really didn't want to, but looking into his caring, brown eyes made me spill everything that had happened in the bathroom between Zach and me and how I felt. While I was telling him everything I felt stupid, hot tears spill out of my stupid eyes and go down my dumb face. James's facial expression changed multiple times, but in the end once he saw me crying his face softened and he pulled me into a warm hug. I cried for about a half hour on his shoulder, not caring if I got his t-shirt soaked. Once I stopped crying I pulled away and just looked at him -waiting for him to say something.

"We're definitely never going on another double date with him." He said clearly trying to lighten up the mood.

I cracked a small smile.

"Are you mad?" I asked.

"At you?" He questioned.

I slowly and shyly nodded my head.

"No, I could never be mad at you." He said.

"Plus you didn't do anything wrong." He added.

I feel like I did considering the fact I went to see what Zach wanted. I feel like I caused this to happen -though nothing actually happened.

"I-I love you, James." I said quietly.

He smiled then leaned in and kissed my forehead.

"I love you too, Liz." He said.