telling the parents (part 1)

Zach's pov: I set up my laptop so we could FaceTime my family then I looked over at Liz and noticed she was nervous.

"E, you really don't have to worry, my parents already love you." I said.

"So they'll be happy to know that we are finally dating." I added on.

"How do you know they already love me?" Liz asked.

"Because I've kind of already told them a bit about you." I said.

"Awh, Z." She cooed making me slightly blush.

"Okay so are you ready for us to FaceTime them?" I asked.

She bit her bottom lip nervously, but nodded her head yes. I grabbed her hand and squeezed it to reassure her that everything was gonna go just fine. Liz gave me a small smile before I clicked on my mom's name and began to FaceTime her. Once the call connected, I informed my mom to get my dad and my siblings. Once my whole family was finally in the frame, I looked over at Liz and thought about what to say. I got distracted thinking about how I managed to get so lucky to have Liz as my girlfriend. Liz looked at me and blushed when she saw me staring at her, then she looked back at the computer screen.

"So uh hi, I'm Elizabeth, but you can call me Liz or Lizzie." Liz said to my family causing me to break out of my daze and look at my laptop.

My mom smiled widely.

"It's so nice to finally meet you, though I wish it wasn't over FaceTime." My mom said chuckling.

"Zach has told us so much about you." My dad said.

"Oh really?" Liz questioned smirking as she glanced over at me.

"She's prettier than you said." Ryan said.

"Thank you, Ryan." Liz said.

"Wait you know my name?" Ryan asked shocked.

"Yeah, Zach actually talks about you a lot." She said.

"By the way, Reese you are so cute." She randomly commented.

Reese giggled shyly.

"You're pretty." Reese simply said back.

I smiled at how well my family and Liz were getting along.

"Anyways the actual reason, we FaceTimed you guys is because Liz and me actually just start dating." I said as I wrapped my arm around Liz's shoulders.

Liz leaned into me laying her head on my shoulder causing me to smile wider than I already am.

"Awh you two look so cute together and Liz, you seem like a wonderful girl for my Zachary." My mom said.

"Plus you are gorgeous." My mom added.

Liz smiled.

"Thank you, Mrs. Herron." Liz said.

"Oh call me, Myta please." My mom said, "Mrs. Herron makes me feel old."

Liz just smiled more and nodded.

"We have to get going because we have to go tell Liz's family now." I spoke up.

"Okay, it was nice meeting you." My mom said to Liz.

"It was nice meeting you too." Liz said.

Then we said our goodbyes and I hung up the call.

"Now it's time to tell your family." I said.

Liz once again looked nervous which made me frown.

"Why are you nervous about telling your family, they already know me." I said.

"Yeah, but Brandon had told me before he didn't want me to date you so what if he gets mad that I'm dating you?" Liz asked.

"Your brother can't tell you who you can and cannot date so just don't listen to him." I said.

She gave me a weak smile an nodded. I turned my body towards her and put my hands on her shoulders.

"Look I love you so fucking much there is nothing that could possibly break us apart." I said looking her straight in the eyes.

Liz cupped my face and kissed me passionately.

"I love you so much more." Liz whispered once she pulled away from the kiss.