No Words

Levi needs some time to think.

He leaves the squad building and starts walking across the fields. He knows this hilltop that has a good view of the town and he comes there occasionally to free his mind.

It's nice and warm outside and the sky is a beautiful, rich blue. He wishes every day was peaceful like this, instead of having to deal with everyone's crap and Hanji's annoying whines.

He makes it to the hill and walks toward the single tree that is on it, when he notices a brown head of hair amongst the tall, swaying grass.

Guess that brat has found this place, too. Just when I was trying to get away from things.

Levi observes Eren for while before walking up behind him. It takes a moment for Eren to realize he's there and when he does, he doesn't say anything.

After a bit of awkward silence, Eren finally speaks up.

"I used to come here when I was younger. I would spend all day laying down under this tree." He looks up at Levi. "It's nice, isn't it?" he says with a smile.

Levi feels a hard thump in his chest. Seeing Eren smiling, looking so pure, the wind tousling his brunette hair, has stirred up something inside him. As the wind blows, Levi comes to a realization: He loves this stupid brat. He really and truly does. All this stupid confusion just because of a stupid four-letter word.

He reaches his hand out towards Eren.

"Heichou?" Eren questions, eyes wide.

I'll protect him. I'll never let him go. Ever.

Levi's hand finds the top of Eren's head.

His hair is soft.

Eren turns red, but doesn't say anything. Words don't need to be said at this point. Levi takes a seat right next to him. They both stare out at the view in silence with nothing but the rustling of the wind and the tender beating of their hearts.

Hi, reader-chans!! This chapter was kind of short and sappy, I know, but LEVI FINALLY REALIZED HIS FEEELINGS!! YESSS THEY CAN FINALLY LOVE EACHOTHER!! EeeeeEEEKKKkkkKKK!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for reading!! More will come!! 😁😋👍👨‍❤️‍👨