First Day

{«Regina»}

I don't get miss Swan. Last night she blows me off and now she wants nothing but to talk to me. Arizona parks the car and we get out. "Girls, head to the changing rooms to get a locker." I nod and she smiles before grabbing her wife's hand and heading into the hospital.

I close the car door and toss my strap on my shoulder. As I took a step I feel the blonde's fingers wrap around my arm. I couldn't help but notice the jolt of energy from one touch. "Gina wait." My heart fluttered and the nickname.

Fluttered..? No my heart doesn't flutter, not even for Robin.

"Yes Swan?" I turn and attempt to glare into her emeralds and fail to do so because of the way her eyes pleaded.

"Could you uh walk with m-me..?" She asks and I tilt my head in concern. "I have severe anxiety a about this place. Please..?"

I wouldn't take the blonde for a shy, almost scared woman. "Fine Miss Swan, but we're not going to hold hands like childre-"

"Gina please.. it it'll help.."Emma with pleaded.

Opening and closing my mouth trying to answer, but nothing came out. I slowly nod and slightly hold out my hand. Emma softly smile and I roll my eyes hiding my reaction from the electricity flowing from her hand to mine. We walk to the Locker-room, fingers intertwined and heads turned staring at us. "They're the next Calzona." I saw a redhead whisper to a tall dark man.

I roll my eyes and look at the blonde who stares back. I let go of her hand and panic builds on her face. "It's okay Emma, you'll be fine. Here you can have a cubby next to mine." I put a small yet sincere smile.

"Okay." The resident smiles back and placed her bag next to mine. "I'm going to find Dr. Robbins." She races out and I let out a sigh but soon hold it again when a auburn woman sits next to me.

"Hi I'm Joe, are you Arizona's new resident?" She smiles and I school my face.

"Torres."

"Okay because I can't see you working with kids." She laughs but I just look back at my bag. "I know what you're doing."

I look at her and tilt my head. "I'm afraid I don't know what you mean."

"I used to do the same thing, block people out. That's a good way to lose that girlfri-"

"She's not my girlfriend." I quickly correct and she puts her hand on my shoulder.

"Well your friend. So just know I'm here if you need someone to talk to." Joe says before standing up and walking out.

I shake my thoughts and walk to the ortho wing.

{«Callie»}

"Dr.Torres?" I look up from my patient's chart to find my new resident.

"Dr.Mills you have a question?" I smile and she returns a shy one.

"Yes, Taylor Henderson has a break in her femur and it's dangerously close to her artery. Since she is one of your patients I was wondering if you'd come to the consult with me in fifteen?" She hands me Taylor's chart and I read that she's 16.

"Wow that girl is growing up. Of course I'll come, go get Dr. Swan. You two will work this case. Tell Robbins to come as well." She nods but her face pales. "What's up?"

"Nothing just me and Dr. Swan didn't have the greatest meet last night." She takes the chart into her hands.

"Well you too will work a lot together." I say and get back to my charts. "Oh and I'll be assigning you interns."