Too Close to You

Regina's POV

"Gina!" The blonde shouts from behind me as I rush out of the locker room.

Once out of the doorway I hastily turn my head left to right trying to decide where to go. Soon my feet race to the left hallway leading me to the sleeping rooms. "Dr. Mills?!" One of my interns yells as I swiftly run by catching my attention, though it's quickly stolen by a blur of blonde curls racing after me. "Dr.Swan?" The redhead says quite baffled.

"Lindsie take care of Mills' patient reports okay?" Emma shouts before continuing to run after me.

Turning my attention in front of me I find an open room and plant my feet changing my direction. "Regina wait!" The familiar voice calls after me.

As fast as I could I closed the door and locked it before soon after hearing Emma's fist meet the wood. Letting go of the handle I slowly back up, my gaze stuck on the door separating me from the blonde. "Regina.. why'd you run?" Her voice shaky and quiet.

I cross my arms over my chest clutching my shoulders as the back of my calves softly collide with the metal frame of the poorly equipped bed behind me. Slowly lowering onto the thin form of mattress I close my eyes and begin to softly bellow. Clenching my teeth, refusing to let a sound out in fears of breaking the illusion I built up over the years. That I was unbreakable. "You could've told me.." quickly opening my eyes, I try to comprehend the blonde's words.

"If you didn't like me.. I would've stopped." The air becoming thick and an eery since of pain overwhelms me. I hurt her. The thought uneasy in my mind. It's too late to reflect over the pain. It was better this way, keeping my distance. "I'll text you when Ari and Cal are back okay? No other interaction.. purely work related." her broken voice followed by soft footsteps walking away.

Eyes blankly stare at the door as fingers fidget in my lap. As a thought jumps into my head I grab my phone and dial Robin's number. Holding the phone up to my ear listening to the mind numbing buzz before it abruptly stopping for the mans thick voice to echo through the cell. "Hey Gina what's up?"

"She kissed me.." that's all I could say, all that would come out.

"Well.. did you kiss her back?" His laugh low and charming causing me to smile.

"Yeah, but I'm scared."

"Regina if you're scared you're hurting me you're not, we've been separated for weeks and I knew I lost you as soon as you got there. You and Emma are meant for something greater than we ever were. Of course I love you, but that woman; she's wrapped around your finger. So what are you so afraid of?" His concern evident in his voice.

"What if she doesn't feel the same..? Robin what if-"

"She kissed you Regina. There is no what if. Now I have to go, goodnight love." Before I could testify the man hung up, leaving me in silence.

Holding my breath I stand up from the rickety frame and slowly walk to the door. "She kissed you Regina." I repeat to myself before opening the door and stepping out knowing what I had to do.