Roni?!

Next morning

{«Regina»}

I wake up with an excruciating headache a ringing in my ear. "What the hell did I get myself into..?" I groan.

There's no doubt in my mind that I consumed tequila last night I just have no recollection of it. Rubbing my forehead I sit up and let my feet dangle at the edge of the bed, not quite letting my eyes open. Peaking one eyed open I look over at my alarm clock.

7:36

"Thank God I'm off."  I grab my phone off the nightstand and see that robin blew up my phone.

From missed calls to panicky texts, I could sense Robin's concern. I quickly grab my phone and call him. It only rings twice before his panicking voice comes through the phone. "Baby what happened?! You usually call me before you go to bed. Are you hurt? Are you safe? I got a text from you saying you wanted a break but then you didn't answer." I understand his concern.

I don't usually go hours without texting him that I'm okay. "Robin calm down I'm okay. It's okay."

"I'm here in Seattle. Meet me at Roni's in twenty." Like that he hung up.

Roni is my twin sister who owns a bar up here in Seattle. She's quite the free spirit. The complete opposite of me. Honestly the only difference is our personality and style. Even then it's hard. We even have the same scar but for different reasons. I was riding my horse and fell off causing me to bust my lip. Roni got pulled into a raid while protesting in the women's march. She's a fighter and I love her for that. After high school I went to college and then Med school and she came straight here. She's owned the bar since she was 21 and every year we meet up and spend a week together. Though, we haven't done that in years.

I slip on faded blue jeans and a grey hoodie, with nude heels. Before leaving I fix my hair in the mirror. "Let's go see my sister."

3:25

{«Roni»}

"Hey Roni! Another round!" A middle aged man yells from the end of the bar and I can't help but smile.

"Slow down Eric. Ari will kill you if you go home drunk before 5 this afternoon." I point my finger and give a goofy stern look before pouring him a shot. "You come get it."

The bell rings and my eyes catch on a very familiar brunette. My lips pull into a bright smile as I walk to the outer part of the bar table. "Well Regi it's been a minute. I missed you."

Shyly the woman tucks her hair behind her ear and walks closer. With arm stretched wide I pull her into a tight hug. "I missed you too Veronica."

I can't help but laugh at her need to use given names.

"Roni. I prefer Roni you know this Regi." I pull away and wink at her and walk back to my side of the bar.

"And I prefer Regina."

"Yeah yeah. Anyways what brings so here?" I pour her a drink.

An appletini, same drink every time. She doesn't branch out much.

"Waiting on Robin and why do you not like your given name?" The latter pokes and I roll my eyes.

"Why don't you Regi? Hmm?" She slaps my arm.

"It's.. manly." She makes a gagging face and can't hold my laugh in.

"Me gusta tú llamas. I have called you Regi since we were hijas." Her eyes shoot up to meet my identical ones.

"¿Que?" I ask concerned, her infamous smirk slightly tugs and her lips as she looks back at the drink in her hand.

"nada, simplemente no te he oído hablar español desde que éramos pequeños." The brunette looks back up at me and I laugh.
(Nothing I just haven't heard you speak Spanish since we were little)

"Well I miss dad.. this time of year isn't easy to get through ya know?" My heart sinks at the thought.

Her petite hand reaches for mine as her eyes gloss over. "I know.."

Soon a familiar man walks through the door and a smile tugs at my lips. "Robin!" I laugh as my sisters head shoots up.

The brunette quickly looked back at me with panic in her eyes. "¿Que paso?" I ask her.
(What's up?)

"Nada.." she turns to her boyfriend and put on an unauthentic smile. "Robin, we need to talk.."

I quickly sat a drink down for him and went over to Eric.

(A/N: how do you like how I tied the new season with the old one?? Tell me what you think🌸)