Chapter Fourteen

The Test

Chapter Fourteen

Jack hesitantly pulled away from me, allowing us to catch our breath. His arm was still around my waist, keeping the distance between us closed. His forehead was touching mine. I could feel the warmth of his breath run over me as he breathed out. I tried steadying my heartbeat and focusing my thoughts on what just happened. Only one word came from my lips.

"Wow." I said, taking in another breath of air. 

"Yeah," he agreed, bringing his hand up to move a strand of hair from my face. "definitely wow." I briefly opened my eyes and saw him smiling. Then, he leaned in and connected our lips again.

❒❒❒❒

I woke up to find myself cuddling up against someone, their arms around me, holding me close. I carefully pulled their arms from me and lifted myself up, rubbing my eyes. Jack still lay on the ground sleeping, not alarmed by the movement I made pulling away from him. 

When it got dark last night, Jack suggested we stay here. So here we were, under the memory wipe tree. I'm not sure at what time during the night he wrapped his arms around me but I wasn't going to complain, it's not like I didn't enjoy it. But my mind seemed to only want to go back to one thing.

Wow.

Of course, I just had to have a dream about how he kissed me last night.

Yeah, definitely wow.

I kinda felt like a hypocrite. Since we got here, I have continuously thought that the people that flirted with each other and at times kissed each other were all idiots. Now, I was the one doing those things. Maybe I was the idiot.

Jack moved beside me and mumbled something I couldn't make out. He started opening his eyes and began sitting up. After yawning and rubbing his eyes, he spoke.

"Good morning, princess. Are you aware you talk in your sleep? I think you said my name once or twice. Did you dream about me or something?" He asked with a slight chuckle. 

"No." I lied, feeling heat rushing to my face.

"Seriously, you're blushing. You did dream about me, didn't you?" I blushed even more and he laughed. "I bet I know what you dreamt about." He said, smirking. I reached over and smacked him across the head.

"Do you ever shut up? Because now would be a perfectly pleasant time for you to learn that concept." I said, trying to get my red cheeks to go back to their original color. He laughed again and reached forward, putting his arms around me and pulling me to him. He positioned me so I was sitting in his lap. "Uh, what are you doing?" I asked.

"Shutting up." He said, turning me to face him and lightly kissing my forehead.