two

Grovers Pov

Violet was sitting on the second to last step on the stair case. I came up behind her wrapped my arms around her from behind.

She jumped, “Grover you scared me.”

I stepped down and sat next to her. “Sorry, I missed you”

“ You saw a couple hours ago”

“ I know...hey come with me”

“ Where?”

I grabbed her arm, pulled her up and started to make my way down the hall.

“ Nowhere really” I told her. I could feel her smile behind me. I lead the way to the gym doors.

She let go of my hand and stood back by the doors. I left her there and walked into the middle of the gym. I looked at her and smiled before I laid down on the ground. She smiled back and made her way towards me. She laid down next to me mimicking the way we did when we sat here the first time. I pulled her closer so her head rested on my arm.

“ Grover?”

“ Yes Violet”

“ Why do you always lead me to this gym”

“ ..I think it's because it's just so quiet in here. The opposite to when I would be if there were students in here.”

“ it's so peaceful”

I nodded my head in agreement. We sat there for a couple moments before my arm started to fall asleep. Then I got an idea. I sat up which confused her. I took off my jacket and laid my head on her torso. I heard her giggle which made me smile. My ear was pressed above her bellybutton, right under her ribs. Since she sat still it gave me a chance to listen to her breathe. That was so magnificent to me, just listening her as her chest moved up and down slowly as she breathed steadily. We didn't say anything. Maybe we conversed here and there but we were mostly silent. I felt her fingers tangle into my hair and run through my roots. I wrapped my arms around her small waist. She used her other free hand to rub my back through my tank top. We felt so calm in each other's presence in peaceful silence, something that we took for granted before this whole 'thing' happened. My eyes began to shut. I was sure she was sitting off in sleep because her moments slowed. I simply smiled and took it all in.

Thank you so much for reading. Feel free to comment any ideas or suggestions for what you think should happen.