four

Grover's Pov

I was assigned to go on duty with Sadie. We had to walk past the gym to get to their part of the school. Sadie and I walked the hallway making sure to look out for any loose freaks. Sadie had the left side of the hall and I had the right. When we passed the gym I and took a peek into the gym through one of the tiny windows on the door. I was originally looking for freaks but my eyes caught two figures. I didn't care at first because I thought it was Zoe and LaShawn kissing on the job. Then I remembered Zoe and LaShawn were posted in the locker rooms. I took closer look and noticed the familiarity in skin tone and fingernails that were tangled in his hair. The hands around his neck. And then it all clicked. It was.. Violet?!

I was in complete shock. Why is Violet kissing someone other than me. Who is she kissing? I took another look and they were still going at it. What the heck? She was kissing Zane. Out of all people she decides to kiss him. I stepped away from the window and kept walking with Sadie, my head hanging from my shoulders. I did not have words for what I just saw so, I just went and did my work. While I worked I thought about what I was going to tell her. Like what was I supposed to say.

50 minutes later

We finished our work and I started to make my way back. My head was down when I heard running. I lifted my head and turned around. Violet ran the rest of the hallway and hugged me at my waist. She had a very sad disappointed look on her. I almost felt pity for her but, then I remember that she cheated. I grabbed her arms and threw them off of me. She stepped back and looked into my eyes. Her eyes were filled with guilt but, I wasn't going to take it, at least not that easily

“ Grover..” she barely spoke out.

“ Just forget it Violet. I don't know what I was expecting.”

“ Please just listen” she said with her voice cracking. Her face tried so hard not to cry.

I turned my head.

" No I get it, he was your boyfriend first you still have feelings for him."

" but that's not the case. I don't like him anymore. I don't know what I was thinking."

" Stop lying to yourself.” I said very strictly. I paused. “You loved him and you still do."

"...grover"  says quietly holding back tears.

" Just go! Go to him. We all know you wanted to. Here's your chance."

Violet steps back from me with tears brimmed at the edges of her eyes, threatening​ their way out. I knew she wouldn't really cry. She's Violet freaking Adams. Why would she care for me? I looked at her once more. We both give each other one last look. Then Violet turned around and walked off. I just watched her trail her feet down the hall slowly. She had her arms wrapped and held by her elbows and left.

Violet

I just left. I did not what to do. He didn't want me. I turned the corner so he could not see me. I went into the nearest closet. I slammed the door hard in frustration. I pressed my back against it and let gravity pull me to the ground. I brought my knees up so the met in front of my eyes. I pressed the palms of her hands on the floor. It felt very cold. My eyes only looked forward on the blank wall from me. They have been threatening to cry this whole time but I managed to keep them back. I was so disappointed. I couldn't move. So I just sat still in that position. After a couple moments of silence I slowly started to burst. My eyes started to pour with no mercy onto my legs. I took My hands and put them in my eyes to catch the tears. I never cried like this for a boy. But Grover wasn't just any boy. "I-I loved him."

I got a little of the idea for this from a rp. So shout out to them. Thank you so much for reading. Share and comment so I know you guys what the next chapter.