nine

This chapter happens minutes after the last one. So they are in the lounge room. Sorry if this chapter is short and sucks but the next one is gonna be real good tho 👌Enjoy!

I held Grover in my arms not wanting to ever let him go. He forgave me! I love him so much....The door busted open behind us and we jumped out of our seat.

“What the hell is going on here?!” It was Zane and he was enraged.

“What are you here?” Grover said standing up

What the hell Violet?!” Zane said totally ignoring Grovers question entirely. “I thought we were something.”

Grover looked at me dead in the eyes.

“We were nothing and we are nothing” I said sending a look back at Grover

“How can you just drop me like that. I took care off you, I-I cared”

“Well I don't like you, I never did” I was so frightened to stand up to him but I remembered Grover was standing behind me.

“That's not what you said when I was catching your tears”

I rolled my eyes and stepped closer to Grover.

He sighed out loud, “how can you just say that? After all those days… I held you when he,” Zane points at Grover “left you”

“It didn't mean anything” I said plainly

“IT MEANT SOMETHING TO ME”

The room stood silent. Our eyes were all on Zane.

It felt like hours passed before someone finally spoke. “I-I still love you”  Zane closer stepped to me. His eyes begged for my attention.

“I am sorry Zane but we are long over.”

He shakes his head furiously, “Violet... come on”

I didn't say anything. Grover watched the interaction silently and put his arm around my shoulder. “No,” I crossed my arms “just no Zane”

He looked into my eyes again. They were full of anger and embarrassment. Zane turned around and flipped a chair. He slammed his fist into the wall. Leaving a hole where his fist broke the wall. He shaked his hand off and held it. It was dripping blood and it splattered on the floor. I looked at the drops in the ground. My mind flashed back to the time Zane killed a freak for me. The bloodied knife that dripped on the ground the exact same way. He honestly saved my life and I am so grateful for that. The nostalgia was killing me and I shaked it off. Zane gave me one last look in the eye and rushed out the doors, leaving them to slam behind him. I couldn't do to again. I couldn't let him take me over again.