Aelin

Aelin sat back in her chair, stifling her gasp as pain arched through her. She felt Rowan's gaze on her, but couldn't allow herself to turn her head to look at him. Gavriel, Elide, and Lorcan filed into the room, the first looking a bit sheepish. Elide immediately came to her side, scanning her for her injuries. She pushed her away softly, towards Morgan. Elide's sharp eyes switched to the female, her mind likely categorizing every detail. Morgan's eyes narrowed slightly, as if she could tell exactly what Elide was doing. Elide then walked toward the window, leaning against the wall, arms crossed. Ready to gather information. Gavriel and Lorcan chose to stand behind the cadre, leaning against the wall opposite Elide. Aelin didn't miss the look Lorcan gave Elide as he settled in. Elide ignored it completely. Aelin felt herself smile a bit.

"I assume," Aelin began, addressing the two Fae males against the wall, "that you heard Morgan's story." Gavriel jolted a bit, eyes widening a fraction.

"You wouldn't happen to be Morgana, would you?" he pried cautiously. Morgan cocked her head at him slightly. 

"Yes, I would be." 

A careful response. Gavriel nodded to himself, settling back against the wall. Lorcan seemed to finally notice Morgan, and stiffened. Morgan pretended not to notice. Aelin gulped. Right. Lorcan was the father of her child. She decided she didn't particularly want to know how that had even started. Aelin flicked her eyes up to Rowan, whose gaze was searching between Lorcan and Morgan. He felt her looking at him, and met her stare. She shook her head slightly. She'd ask Morgan if Rowan should be privy to that little fact. It seemed the kind of information that Morgan wanted few knowing.

"What people you have amassed, Aelin," Endymion drawled from the other side of the table.

"This isn't all of them," Aelin replied, forcing a lazy smile to her face. "I'm sure you're well aware of the Last Crochan Queen who joined my ranks just recently."

His eyes went a little wide. "I thought they were all dead."

"Nope," she responded, flashing her teeth once more. "She was just hiding in the Blackbeak witch clan, and now I have sent her, along with the King of Adarlan, to raise an army of Crochan witches." He blinked slowly. Aelin had to admit, he was almost as good as Arobynn had been at hiding his surprise.

"I called you here so we could tell you our stories, and give you the real facts. No one beyond this room knows that Lysandra isn't me, and I want it to stay that way until I'm fully healed. Even just sitting in this chair is rutting painful, and I don't feel like meeting with the Lords until I can throw a dagger properly." 

Aedion smirked behind her, letting out a bemused chuckle.

"That might not be far off, giving what I've heard about Lord Darrow," Endymion reasoned, leaning back in his chair. "You don't want me to tell anybody then." 

Aelin shook her head, then considered. "If anyone starts to suspect, and you trust them well enough, you may tell them. Another circumstance where this may be applicable is if there is someone who threatens to leave. Then you may tell that person, but only after you get them alone and swear them to secrecy. We cannot afford to lose members. Even if a stable boy goes missing, if he falls into the wrong hands, there's no telling where that information will go." The male across from her nodded, his eyes darting back and forth as his mind presumably worked through all the possible outcomes. 

"Agreed," he said at last, then stood. People began to stand up with him, eyes searching among themselves. Lysandra shifted back into her, and Aelin blinked as herself looked down at her.

 "We stay here for a few more days, gathering supplies, information, and food. Then we make the trek up to the city, and extend an request for an invitation to a meeting with the lords. We'll do it nice and official, so we can keep Darrow on his toes," she drawled, forcing a half smile to her mouth. Herself smiled at her, that wicked glint a mirror image of her own. Lysandra followed Gavriel and Lorcan up the stairs, Lorcan swiftly looking back at Morgan before disappearing.