Aelin

Aelin sat down, lounging in her chair as she admired her own handiwork. She turned, and hid her smirk as Darrow's face went from purple to white as death in the space of a few seconds as Morgan came up behind her, wings as visible as her golden eyes. Some of those assembled cursed under their breath as they felt the power now emanating from her side of the table.

"Darrow, Lords," Aelin began, sitting up straight and gesturing to those standing and sitting near her.

"Meet my court." Aelin allowed them five seconds before turning to name each one.

"King Rowan Whitethorn of Terrasen, a Prince of House Whitethorn, and my mate and husband, the most powerful full blooded Fae currently in existence." Darrow's face returned to raging purple, but Aelin just looked at Rowan, whose own face was stony, but his eyes glittered as she named him. He squeezed her left hand, and Aelin knew he made sure Darrow noticed the ring on his finger. Aelin squeezed back, and stood again, striding towards her cousin.

"Prince Aedion Ashryver, my cousin, General of the Bane and Commander of my forces."

"Lady Lysandra of Caraverre, who saved a child from becoming a courtesan and who is willing to lay down her life for her friends and family." Lysandra did not back down one inch from the stares of the men across the table. "She is also," Aelin added, "a full powered shifter." Lysandra shifted into Dorian's features, then shifted back to her preferred form in the space of three breaths. Someone muttered a curse under their breath.

"Fenrys and Connall, twin full-blooded Fae warriors from Wendlyn, who are no longer serving Queen Maeve and have chosen to serve me."

"Vaughn, another Fae warrior formerly sworn to Queen Maeve but has chosen to leave her service."

"Lorcan Salvatarre, the most powerful demi-Fae male in existence."

"Gavriel, Lion of Doranelle, formerly an underling of Queen Maeve, and, the father of my dear cousin." Ren coughed behind her, and Aelin spared a second to gauge his face. He was looking incredulously at Aedion, and Aedion inclined his head slightly in answer.

"Galan Ashryver, Crown Prince of Wendlyn, and cousin to myself and Aedion."

"Endymion Whitethorn, a prince of House Whitethorn, and cousin to my mate. He himself is mated to Lord Kerrington's son in Wendlyn, and, has provided troops, money, and power along with his siblings and relatives in House Whitethorn, the entirety of which," she added, glancing to Darrow, whose color had landed somewhere between purple and pasty green, "is allied with me." She paused, evaluating the room. Silence. Aelin smiled to herself.

"Ilias, son of the Mute Master of the Silent Assassins of the Red Desert."

"Elide Lochan, Lady of Perranth, and scion of Anneith, Lady of Wise Things."

"Ansel of Briarcliff, daughter of the Lord of Briarcliff, High Queen of the Western Wastes, former Silent Assassin, the current overseer of Melisande, the procurer of Melisande's fleet and resources, and the commander of her own army."

Finally, Aelin stood beside Morgan, who grinned at her.

"Would you like to introduce yourself?" Aelin asked her, returning her fiendish smile.

Morgan rose her gaze to meet those of the Lords, many of whom, Aelin noticed, tried to avoid her stare.

"I am Morgana."