Aelin

Aelin couldn't keep her thoughts straight. She just held onto Nesryn's slender form as waves of emotion wracked through her body. Slowly, she remembered that there were others here, others who were expecting a queen. So Aelin pulled back, squaring her shoulders and wiping her tears.

"So this is the Queen of Terrasen," said a voice behind Nesryn. The woman clicked her tongue, dragging the man forward. He had night-dark hair like the Captain of the Guard and a very similar skin tone. Handsome, Aelin realized. She drew herself up, facing him head-on.

"Yes, it is. And you are?" she inquired, crossing her arms. A smile twitched on his full mouth.

"Sartaq, son and heir of the Khagan of Antica." His accent was rich, though he spoke her tongue quite well. Aelin blinked as the words clicked. Heir.

"Congratulations are in order then," she responded smoothly. She smiled a bit as he blinked back.

"Believe me, congratulations are in order for more than one of us," Nesryn said, drawing Aelin's attention. She furrowed her brows. Nesryn smiled.

"Chaol," Aelin blurted, panic surging. "Is he-"

"I am quite alright," said a voice. Aelin slackened. Even Sartaq smiled as Chaol Westfall came level with Nesryn, and next to him was-

Words failed her. Every damn thought went out of her head as she beheld the woman who linked arms with Chaol. She began shaking again as she stared into those golden-brown eyes who looked at her from another life, another world. For the second time in the past three minutes, Aelin sank to her knees as Yrene Towers stood before her.