Aedion

Aedion gritted his teeth as he walked up to the castle of Orynth. It had been partially destroyed following Terrasen's downfall, but correspondence from Ren has informed him that repairs were taking place. Indeed, as he walked up to the front door, he saw signs of scaffolding and hastily placed stones. A low growl emanated from him as he walked up to Terrasen's castle, Aelin's castle, the home of his most precious memories, and saw one of Weylan Darrow's guards standing by the door.

You don't have the right, he internally hissed as he neared the man. But he kept his face neutral, his features fixed. Any bit of emotion could be used against them. But Aedion knew the entourage behind him could handle anything Darrow through at them.

Aelin walked behind him, flanked by Rowan and Lysandra, who was now back in her dark - haired, green eyed beautiful form. Behind them strode the cadre, followed by Galan, Endymion, and Ilias. Beyond the three males were Elide, Ansel, and Morgan guarding the rear. He narrowed his eyes at Morgan in particular. Her pack was slung over her shoulder, and her wings were tucked in. Cautious. Morgan was being cautious. Aedion didn't know if it was because of this meeting, or because of what she had in the contents of her pack. Aedion's eyes roved over the congregation once more, and a shimmer of metal caught his eye. A ring, on Aelin's left hand. He slowed his walk a bit as his eyes swung over to Rowan, and caught the glimmer of metal on his matching hand. A slow smile crept onto his face. They were going to through their union in Darrow's face. No wonder Aelin had asked that he bring the papers.

Finally, he reached the large oak doors and the guard standing beside them.

"Tell Darrow we're here," he barked at the man. He didn't even blink, just turned and opened the door before disappearing inside. Aelin soon caught up to him, and crossed her arms as they waited for the man to return.

"Nervous?" he whispered to her. She just gave him an incredulous look, but Aedion caught her biting her lip as the door swung inward once more.

"Come inside," the guard announced. Aedion nodded back, his face carefully blank, and followed that striking badger insignia into the castle of Orynth.