Chapter 13

〖️♕️〗️

C H A P T E R
T H I R T E E N

【️♕️】️

Even though my body bursting out in pain I still try and run against my will as I heard the growls become louder, I try not to trip over but no matter how much I try I seem to fall every three steps that I take but I get up and run again.

I curse the Gods above for making it rain last night, now the ground was slippery and me being on barefoot wasnt helping. The cuts that I have was now covered with mud and other things making them infected and inflict pain, then all of a sudden I was knocked down and I my head managed to collide with a rock and pain exploded as I bit my lip and clenched my jaw trying to keep my shouts that were threatening to come out of my mouth. No doubt the blood flowing from my head was now mixed with mud.

The large wolf pinned me down with its paws, it bared its jaws at me and I couldn't contain the scream that came out of my mouth.

Tears were falling down my face, mixing it with the mud as I can feel my life flashing right before my eyes.

The wolf growled at me once more before it moved away, my chest was heaving heavily as I slowly looked at the wolf. My screams died as my lips tremble in fear as the tears keep falling. I prayed to whoever God there is to help me.

I started having a panic attack when I realized that more wolves were emerging from the forest. I screamed out my tears as I curled my body in a fetus position despite the pain that followed.

This was it for me. I was going to die. I was going to die knowing that I was going to die alone, with no one to miss me.

I was going to die pitifully in the hands of wolves.

I heard something cracking and I was so busy crying over my death that I didnt realize that a hand was placed on my shoulder. I jerked away as I screamed for them to get away before someone shook my shoulder.

I slowly opened my eyes to see a guard blinking at me. I looked at him confused and looked around for the wolves but I could only see the people.

People from the Castle, I could see the King who was clenching his fists tightly as he grits his teeth in anger. He briefly looked at me and I saw his eyes turn gold and I could vaguely see pain in his eyes before he averted his eyes towards Lady Amanda who was also present.

"Stop crying and get up!" Lady Cecilia said as she got ahold of me and pulled me forcefully to my feet. I winced at the pain circulating around my body as I winced.

My legs wobbled and I was about to collapse had it been for Lady Cecilia's support.

"Stop making a scene or I will punish you" Lady Cecilia muttered to me and I stiffen before I forced myself to stand on my own feet without her support and bowed my head. My head throbbed as blood mixed with dirt trickled down my face.

My mind was spiraling with unanswered questions, the wolves from earlier disappeared. I am sure that there were wolves and they weren't ordinary ones, they were large, they were the size of horses.

I wanted to tell them about it but by the look of Lady Cecilias pursed lips and her unhidden anger made me swallow back my questions.

"I think that, that's enough for the game. Everybody report back to the Castle" the King said before everybody began to disperse.

I looked at the King and he looked back at me before he joined Lady Amanda and went back to the Castle.

I also began to walk with them albeit I limped back along the way. I was glad that they knew the way back towards the Castle, I was shocked that the wolves didnt show themselves.