Chapter 27

〖♕️〗️

C H A P T E R

TW E N T Y S E V E N

【️♕️】

We all looked to the direction where we heard the scream. The person who yelled was being chased by large wolves, their eyes were red and their mouth was set into a snarl as they bared their teeth, they were quite similar to the wolves I have encountered in the woods.

People were panicking as the pack of wolves came closer to us. Parents were clutching their children with them as they lead them to safety. People were scattered around as they ran away from the wolves, I just stood there, pinned as fear consumes my whole being.

I try to move but it seems as if my body can't move. Then the wolves pinned their gaze at us as they let out an menacingly howl as they ran towards us in full force. I wanted to scream as my eyes widen.

Move!

But I couldn't, I just stood there, unmovingly.

Then the pack of wolves spotted us and they let out a menacing howl as they charged in full speed towards us. My heart was pounding so hard in my chest as I just stood there, staring at the incoming wolves.

"Rose run!" I could hear Max yell at me but I still stood there.

The wolves were now coming closer to me and I could see the blood and gore that drips down from their mouths.

A wolf was about to pounce into me when a larger brown wolf pinned it to the ground as it snarled and sinked its teeth on the other wolf's neck as it was pinned on the ground.

The other wolves growled at the other brown wolf and charged at it when more wolves came to aid the brown wolf.

They were huge wolves, I noted down as they fought each other, blood was tainting the ground and the brown wolf and his other friends were winning.

I felt a hand clamp my upper arm and dragged me away from the battlefield. I still couldn't get over what had happened. It didn't register to my mind what the person who was dragging me away what he was talking about.

The person dragged me until we were at a safe distance from the fight.

"Are you listening to me Rose? Why didn't you run away? They were going to kill you and... " Max rambled on as he scolded me about my safety. But that wasn't what caught my attention.

The wolves that won suddenly shifted into... Humans. Right before my eyes, I saw as they transitioned from huge beasts with fur into human beings. A specie like mine.

I blocked out Max's scolding as my heart came to a stop.

No.

This is not happening, they aren't real. They aren't real.

This is probably due to my shock, I didn't see the wolves transform into a human. I was not about to be eaten by wolves as large as a horse.

This is not real.

But as I stare with horror at the men who were once wolves dragging the dead wolves, it then dawned to me that everything did happen.

I let out a scream and this surprised Max as he stopped talking and made me face him. He was looking at me concerned as he scanned my body for any injuries.

"What's wrong Rose? Were you hurt? Tell me where" Max questioned out but I just hyperventilated, I clutched my chest as I try to even my breathing as I start to sweat.