Chapter 23

〖️♕️〗️

C H A P T E R
TW E N T Y T H R E E

【️♕️】️

I hated darkness, but the darkness seems to take a liking to me. It was always so hollow, lifeless and most of all, you don’t know what’s around you.

I didn’t know how many minutes have passed since I have been in this dark, eerily quiet hole. I dont know if it is already night or if it is morning already, but the only thing that I know is to stay alive. But it seems to be such a hard task to do. My stomach feels like its eating my insides. My skin is sticking to my bones, making me look like a skeleton that has been covered in thin cloth.

I am slowly losing my mind, I hate it when I am all alone, its when my fears and demons resurface, making me remember everything that had happened in my life, bad or good.

I am currently rocking myself back and forth while in a fetal position where my bony arms are clutching my legs, hugging them tighter against my chest. My eyes are squeezed tightly together as I chant to myself to remain focused.

Don't let them get to you Avery, you are stronger than them, fight them I said to myself.

"Or are you?" His voice whispered as I felt a figure coming closer to me, I felt his disgusting hands touch my skin and I automatically recoiled away from him.

"St-ay b-ack!" I yelled at him as I moved backward, away from him.

He just let out a malevolent chuckle, "Haven't you learned? You can never get away from me; I will always be with you Avery. Until you die" And suddenly his face started to reform as his teeth elongated, his nose started to form as a snout, his ears are starting to get pointed, his body started to refigure as fur sprouted making him look like a beast, a half-formed beast.

I let out an involuntary scream as I try to get away from him but to no avail, he was still there, as horrifying as ever.

I didn't stop shouting until I realized that he wasnt real, Henry didnt turn into a beast, and it was all in my head. It was how I viewed Henry, a dangerous and frightening creature.

I just shook my head as I willed my tears to retreat.

"When will my life be normal?" I quietly whispered to myself as I let the darkness consume me.

I heard something, it was as if something was being moved, I could hear the scraping of materials together. My eyes started to twitch, trying to be open. I tiredly opened my eyes as a strain light brightened some parts of the dark hole. I uncurled myself from my previous position as I tried to stand up but with no avail, I just collapse as soon as I reach midway, so I settled in just sitting up straight against a wall, even if my whole body is protesting, wanting to have some rest.

I heard boots thudding as the person comes closer to me, I could feel their presence just in front of me. I could only manage to tilt my head upward, my body to tired and weak to do anything else.

"Eat" was all that he said in his gruff and cold voice, as if he doesnt want to be here, and I dont blame him, the hole smells disgusting and just being here gives you the creeps.

I didn't know what he was talking about but understood when I felt some kind of metal touch my exposed leg. I don't think that I have it in me to stomach any food right now. Just the smell of what smelled like meat makes me nauseous.

I just shook my head trying to indicate to them that I couldnt eat, my throat just feels scratchy and dehydrated.

"Didn't you hear what I said? You have to eat, Kings orders, dont make me shove it down your ungrateful throat, bitch" I realized that it was the King who have requested them to bring me food, it made my heart flutter in joy and hope that he does care for me, he might not show it but his actions say otherwise.