Chapter 24

〖♕️〗️

C H A P T E R

TW E N T Y F O U R

【️♕️】

I could only vaguely remember tiny details that had occurred, such as a soft touch skimming on my cheeks, the occasional brushing of my hair or even the deep inhales near my neck.

My eyes fluttered forcefully, pools of bluish-green blinked back at me before my eyes closed again.

Once more, my eyes opened just a little to see wisps of silky brown hair, heavy inhales could be heard as I groaned and the person seemed to tense. Familiarity coursed through me, I felt relaxed and safe around this mysterious person- which was a privilege.

Rose

“My Rose

My eyes flickered open as I stared at the handsome face of the King. He was smiling at me with so much affection that it caught me off-guard. Was I dreaming? Yes, this must be a dream.

There was no way he could be looking at me like that. His eyes were full of passion and hidden affection. He was smiling warmly at me as he held onto my body, his touch electrifying sending jolts of pleasure to my body and heart.

His hand was caressing my hair as his other hand skimmed my cheek ever so softly. I closed my eyes, enjoying his touches, not wanting this dream to end. I didn’t want to wake up into reality, I wanted this dream to last forever.

I weakly lifted my hand to touch his strikingly gorgeous face, he was so perfect. His eyes were so mesmerizing, his nose straight and prominent, his lips so luscious and so inviting. His jaw sharp and accurate, as if it can cut through steel. I boldly touched his lips, and it was just as soft as I had imagined it would be. I wonder how it would feel against mine.

I blushed as I remembered our kiss. This is just a dream isn’t it? What’s there to be afraid of? I’ll enjoy this moment before I wake up.

“It wasn’t me” I murmured to him. As if this was reality, as if he was actually real.

“What wasn’t you?” he asked, his voice husky as he lowered his head against the junction between my shoulder and neck. I shivered against the physical contact, taking note how I was enjoying it so much.

I ran my hand through his hair and he groaned, I stopped thinking that he was in pain. I began to remove my hand from his hair when he stopped me and placed it back urging me to continue.

I smiled at him before I responded, “It wasn’t me who stole your mother’s necklace”

I continued to stroke his hair, “I wouldn’t dare to steal anything, I know better than that” I continued, pained by their accusations. I removed my hand away from his hair as I tilted my head in another direction, not wanting to let the tears fall.

I felt his hand cup my chin as he tilted my head so that I was looking back at him, he must have noticed my unshed tears as a frown marred his beautiful face. His thumb wiped my tears away as I whimpered.

He leaned closer as he kissed my eyes, I whimpered louder this time, not accustomed by the affection that I was getting. I didn’t want this to end, I would wake up and I’d be back in hell. I wrapped my arms around his neck, wanting to feel him closer as I buried my face in the crook of his neck. His hand came and rubbed soothing circles on my back.