Chapter 39

〖♕️〗️

C H A P T E R
T H I R T Y N I N E

【️♕️】

Aiden carried me as he led us towards our bedroom and I was glad that he didn't ask questions along the way.

He was doing his best to calm me down while I sob against his chest.

I couldn't believe that I saw Henry, it has been two years since I last saw him, just seeing his face, I couldn't help but shiver at all the past things that he had done to me- what he had inflicted on my body.

"Avery, baby, tell me what's wrong?" Aiden asks as he lays me down on the bed, I clutched his shirt, not wanting him to go.

His eyes soften as he lays down next to me.

I close my eyes, "I saw him" I whispered still closing my eyes.

"Saw who baby?"

"Henry" I gasped as I said that name. The name that never failed to give me the shivers. I swallowed before I opened my eyes. I could tell that Aiden is confused but trying to understand me and I admired him more than ever.

"H-he was the one that k-kidnapped me" I stuttered out the words and some emotion passes through his eyes.

"He was here? You saw him in the Castle?" he demanded as he grips my hand tightly, I let out a whimper and he releases my hand.

"Baby, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you. I need you to tell me so that I can fucking kill that bastard" he sneers and I my eyes soften.

"I-I don't know if it was really him, he just resembles him so much that I panicked" I whispered.

"I really thought that it was him, I was so scared"

"I'm sorry" I said as I burried my head against his chest. Aiden placed his hand on my head as he kisses the top of it.

"It's okay baby, I know that you are still afraid of him but trust me, I'm going to make your fears go away. I'll make you happy, forever" I stayed quiet, not knowing what to respond. I was thinking about what he had said.

Forever.

But what is forever to him?

"Aiden?"

"Yes baby?" his endearment was so casual that made me blush.

"Max and Pr- Diana told me about marks"

"They did now did they?" Aiden says humorously and I looked up to see his eyes twinkling. I smiled at him before I nodded.

"So you're going to mark me?" I asked him cautiously, gauging for his reaction. His eyes showed everything, the affection and love were such a strong emotion for me to take.

"Don't be scared Avery, I won't mark you if you don't want it" I didn't know that I showed fear on my face, he must have mistaken it for my nervousness nand excitement.

"No!" I rambled. Aiden archs his beautiful and seductive eyebrow.

"I mean" I cleared my throat, "I'm not scared of you marking me, I'm just nervous that's all"

"Oh" Aiden says simply and his face made me giggle.

"You're so damn beautiful" my giggles stopped as I flushed deep red.