Chapter 26

〖♕️〗️

C H A P T E R

TW E N T Y S I X

【️♕️】

A guard was standing next to my door and as soon as I got out of my room he eyed me before he nodded at me. I smiled back at him, he must be assigned to escort me. To make sure that I won't get away.

As we walked, servants who were familiar to me gave me scowls, they must be angry at me for not doing my duties today. Surely they must have been informed that I was having a day off. It was my first time having one, and I was looking forward to it.

I didn't let their foul mood towards me lessen my excitement as I followed the guard.

He led me outside the Castle and I could feel my blood and heart pump in excitement. As soon as we got outside the Castle and into the streets, I couldn't help but gaze around me in fascination.

Everyone was busy, some are advertising their products, some are just walking around aimlessly either with their loved ones or by themselves. Children were also playing as they laugh and giggle.

The air feels so nice against my skin and the mood here is so inviting and happy. Not like the ones back in the Castle, very intimidating. Some people were looking at me curiously as I walk around.

I frowned whenever I get close to someone they move away as if I was some bad guy. It saddened me that even the people outside the Castle are repulsed by my presence. My mood started to sink down but I shook my pessimistic side as I thought happy thoughts.

My tummy rumbled in hunger and I blushed in embarrassment. I forgot that I haven't eaten for days because of my excitement. The guard looked at me with an amused eyebrow lifted before he nodded towards a restaurant.

He started to walk towards it and I didn't have a choice as I followed him inside.

The restaurant was classy and luxurious, I could smell heavenly scents wafting through the restaurant as my tummy grumblem once more. I smiled sheepishly as a waiter led us towards a table.

There I saw Max with a woman in front of her. Max waved at me as soon as I saw me and I waved back, shyly. I didn't miss the stares my way but I was too hungry to think about it.

"Hey Rose, what are you doing here?" Max asked with his usual cheery tone complimented with that handsome cheeky grin present on his face.

I was about to reply when my tummy grumbled yet again, they all heard it as they chuckled and I slowly closed my gaped mouth as I blushed once more in embarrassment.

"Well, what are you doing standing up? Come, sit, you must be hungry" Max said in amusement and I hesitated, I looked back and forth towards the beautiful woman and Max.

Max caught my thoughts and said, "You wouldn't mind, do you Diana? If Rose sits with us?"

Wait, does he mean Princess Diana? As in the sister of the King? The Princess Diana?

Suddenly I felt intimidated and I wanted to flee out of here but Princess Diana's answer caught me off guarded, "Of course, she can. The more the merrier, right?" her voice was melodic and soft, conpletely different from the King's husky and deep voice.

Stop thinking about him Rose.

I chided myself.

"Are you sure you don't mind?" I asked, maybe they will change their minds. Who would want a stranger sitting with them? A servant at that?