c h a p t e r o n e : w i s h f u l t h i n k i n g

w i s h f u l t h i n k i n g

i s l a

"Gonna run my fingers through your long black hair. Squeeze you tighter than a grizzly bear." I slid across the wooden floorboards and struck a pose as I wiggled my shoulders. "Uh-uh-uh. Yes-sir-ee, uh, uh. I'm gonna stick like glue," bracing my back against the door, I slid dramatically down as I sang the last words of the verse. "Stick, because I'm stuck on you."

"Do you really have to dance to every Elvis Presley song in the morning?"

Startled beyond relief, I gasped and pointed a finger at the culprit. "I told you not to enter through my balcony! I-I could've been naked!"

Caleb rolled his eyes at me and shrugged. "I used to bathe you, Isla. I hardly think that I'll be bothered to see you now, if there's anything even to see."

I let out an offended gasp and harrumphed at him. Not in the mood to dance or sing anymore, I walked towards my portable record player and gently took the tonearm's cartridge off the King's record. Excuse him, but I do have curves, thank you very much! And I'd rather only have my mate see them than my obnoxious big brother, but don't get me wrong, I love my brother a whole bunch. I just hate him sometimes, only sometimes though.

"And when the actual fudge did I ever listen to you?"

Many knew to never cuss in front of me, hell hath no fury like Papa's if he ever found out that my innocent ears were stained with those bad words, so we replaced them with beautiful, wonderful foods; like fudge.

I mean, who doesn't like fudge, right?

I heard Caleb sigh and turn me around. "I was just messing with you, little sis. Please forgive me?"

Despite his "old age" of twenty seven years old, no one can still resist those big brown eyes his. If you ignored his whole face, you'd actually think that you're looking into that of a puppy's.

I growled and made my angry face. I knew what he was trying to do and because I, unfortunately, have the greatest weakness for cute things and always relent on what he wants as long as he gave me that look.

Oh, well. There's always next time.

Pursing my lips, I finally gave him a smile. I squeezed his cheeks and pecked his nose before I walked around him to spin around in the middle of my room.

"So why're you here?" I asked as I continued to twirl in my place.

"Mama is looking for you, says she made you your favorite breakfast."