c h a p t e r s i x : t h e b i g d

t h e b i g d

t h e b i g d

d o m i n i k

"Alpha Killian." I said with a nod of my head and took a seat across from him at the other end of the table with Zeno already sitting at my right.

"Alpha Dawson." He answered back in a stiff tone, his hand tightly clutching that of his luna's in an attempt to calm himself.

I crossed my legs and leaned back on the cushioned chair, trying not to smirk at his blatant show of who was higher up in power inside the room. Unless one alpha is a friend to another, the lower alpha must call his superior by his title and last name whilst he, in his own choice, will call his inferior by his title and first name, in a say of mocking or reminding his subordinate by not giving that much respect to the lesser's family name. It was an old practice among wolves but being the egotistical bastard that I am, I take pleasure in its perks and watch those beneath me squirm.

But this is my beautiful mate's father and I'd rather be in good terms, or just to the point where we won't be on each other's throats, for Isla's sake.

"You trespassed into my lands." He said in a no-nonsense voice as his fingers drummed against the polished wood of the table. Luna Agueda's grip on him tightened, her knuckles turning white whilst she gritted her teeth at her mate who only ignored her further.

I raised a brow at his notion and answered back. "You've broken protocol. And the lands you claim as your own technically belongs to me. If it'd passed your mind, I hold tutelage to every single packs' territory, why do you think I'm here in the first place?"

"What my husband means to say," Luna Agueda cuts in and not so subtly pushed her nails into the skin of her mate when he opened his mouth to interrupt her, "is that we just didn't expect your visit and yes, we understand the terms we've failed to uphold but I promise you, we have a very good reason why and with you being our daughter's mate, I think you'll agree."

Curious, and confused, as to what my mate had anything to do with the situation at hand, I motioned for her to continue as my wolf and I were ready to defend our Isla if ever they'd put the blame on her shoulders.

Luna Agueda gulped and stared at her mate for support, and Alpha Killian didn't disappoint when he pressed his lips to their joined hands with an approving look, his gaze turning soft, giving her the courage she apparently needed.

"August 16," she begun as a light smile came to her face, "it all started at that day when my husband and I, the whole pack, was blessed with a tiny little pup. She was the smallest thing even when growing up and yet she had a whole lot of love to give to every living being in this world, whether good or bad, to the great or less, but we were selfish. We didn't want to share her with anybody else and sometimes I think that selfishness kept her alive for all these years."