I

1912 10th April
Southampton
- Mallory's POV -

"Honey did you get all your clothing ready?" I holler, just to make sure my 19 year old daughter, Janice got everything ready for her trip.

"Yes mom." She rolled her eyes playfully. Young ladies huh? Always finding their own mother annoying and cares too much. She struggles to carry her super heavy briefcases down the stairs.

"What about some refreshments? Do you got those?" I walk towards the kitchen, taking some loaves of bread to her.

"Yes I did." She replies. Handing up a basket of food I got her, but she took the bread on my hands anyway.

"Do you need anything else dear?" I placed my hand on her left shoulder.

"Mom, I'm a 19 year old lady. I got everything I need." She sighed, grabbing my hand on her shoulder off.

"Good, we don't want you forgetting things again like you did back when you were twelve." Her comes my husband -- Gordan from the door, checking on us to see whether we are done or not.

I smirked playfully at Janice, "remember? When we were going to your grandparents house? You forget all your clothing." Me and Gordan giggle to my words.

"Let's not talk about that, shall we?" Janice forced a smile, taking all her things and walked towards the car.

We followed her. Gordan placed all her things at the backseat, she sat beside them while me and Gordan sit at the front.

Gordan started the engine, "alright, off we go."

"Yipee yay." Janice said, her voice with an obvious fake happiness and sarcasm. We ignored her bad attitude.

"Well y'all better find something to talk about because this is going to be a long ride." Gordan said.

"Well you two can say some stories," I mumbled. "I have nothing to say."

"Actually honey," Gordan started, his hand reaching to my chest and took the necklace I always wear that has a wooden 'M' charm on it, "you always wear this. Any stories behind this?" He smirked.

"Yeah mom, you never told us." Janice leaned infront in the gap between the two seats, "and also about me..." she mumbled.

"And also who is Janice's real father." Gordan continued.

I sighed. "It's been nineteen years, I'm not sure if I remember everything..."

"Well, it's just a story, try to." Gordan held up my hand and rubbed it a little.

"Okay..." I mumbled, taking a deep breathe, "nineteen years ago..."

1895 January

I held a bucket list, the another hand inside of my suitcase. My hand picking all the things from the suitcase, doing a little checking.

"Toothbrush.. Dresses..." I mumbled as I held the things I said.

Tomorrow, my parents are taking me to Chicago, it's considered a moving out to another place. And at the same time, I'm leaving the place I grew up in, St. Joseph. To be honest, I didn't want to move.

"Mirror.. comb.." I continue reciting.

"You forgot something." I heard a familiar voice coming from the back of me, I immediately recognized that soft, heart-warming voice.