III

The kiss remained for 10 seconds or even more, he slowly pulled away and his eyes met with mine. I still couldn't process what actually happened, I kept frozen and staring at him.

"Pinch me if this isn't a dream." I said. I could imagine the look of my confused face, with widened eyes and red cheeks. Did he really do that?

"Well sure," he chuckled, reaching his hand to my arm and literally gonna pinch me. I pulled back before he could, he stared up at me and let out a little giggle, "I thought you wanted me to pinch you."

My face remained blank, "you do realized what you just did, right?"

"I kissed you." He caressed my cheek, rubbing it lightly.

"Why did you do that?"

He chuckled, "I thought I said I like you?"

"But, you do know this is getting us nowhere, right?"

"I know." He replied with a depressed tone, looking down.

I honestly think he shouldn't do that, he knows I'm leaving tomorrow and I don't want him to have a "heartbreak".

"Michael I'm leaving tomorrow, I don't want you to mi-"

He cut me off before I could finish, "to not miss you? Not happening girl, that's hard." He said, "y'know what, since you're still here I'm gonna spend all my time with you."

"Sorry Michael, my parents wouldn't let me to. Besides I still have some packing up to do,"

"Screw your parents." He rolled his eyes. Him and my parents always have a thing going on - they hate each other. Well mostly my parents hate him. Why? He's black. "Who cares about them anyway," he chuckled, grabbing my hand and making our way back to the village.

I giggled, following him behind. I swear he's like in a big rush. "What are we doing now?"

"Holding hands." He turned back and replied with a half smirk.

I rolled my eyes playfully, "I mean what do you want to-"

Before I could finish, the familiar sound yelled from behind - My father. "Mallory Carter you stop right there!" He yelled, pointing his index finger at me and Michael as we turned our eye sights to him. My mother was also there, I swear her gaze is like wanting to kill a man. "Get away from her!" He yelled at Michael as he banned me from meeting Michael.

My parents slowly made their way to me, I stood there frozen as Michael kept on chuckling. He leaned closer to my ear and whispered : "run."

Before I knew it, he turned around and ran as fast as he could. Dragging me along as we were holding each other's hands. Jesus Christ my dad's gonna kill us.

"Young lady you come back here!" I could hear my father's voice from the long distance. I turned around to see where he was, he was literally running towards us for me.

My father was extremely strict and he hates Michael very much. Michael and his brothers are quite known for the stubborn and playful people in the village. But in my opinion he is more calm than his brothers, his brothers are literally trouble makers. When I first met Michael, he was so sweet and innocent, extremely shy. But out bonding makes him feels more comfortable around me. What I never knew was he loves to play tricks on me.

What makes them extra famous is, the only black family in the village. They were often treated as slaves, people here use them for things, which was extremely rude in my opinion. No one respects them.

My dad thinks Michael "spoiled" his "sweet, innocent, pure and cute" daughter, which is me. Well I couldn't say he didn't changed me, I did became more stubborn and playful after we started hanging out.