VIII

Mallory's POV

We walked - I mean, speed walked along the corridor. At this speed I'm suprised Michael somehow could still maintain his balance and not spilling the food.

"Walk faster sugar plum," he said in a sudden, putting a slight accent on the nickname he gave me, which literally gave me butterflies. I swear no other guy would ever have this affect on me.

Soon we reached the stern of the ship. Without caution, Michael jumped to the another side of the bowsprit and stood still at the edge of the ship, which made me gasp.

"Michael be careful!" I cried, my hands immediately pulling his which were resting on the railings.

"I'm careful enough," he said, jumping up and sat at the railing. His eyes squinted a little as the wind was heading towards his direction. He turned to me and lend me a hand, "come on" he motioned me to come to sit at where he is sitting.

"I ain't risking, if I somehow fall down there I swear I'll haunt you." I gave him a death glare, crossing my arms at him. Shaking my head continuosly to tell him I really dont want to.

"You're not gonna fall," he chuckled, rolling his eyes playfully. He opened his arms, "come on. I'll take you."

I shook my head.

"You're not gonna fall, if you do I'll have to come down after you," he smiled.

Michael makes me feel protected. He's just like a big brother to me, he always protect me from everything. He's like those kinds of super-duper overprotective boyfriend... or big brother.

"C'mon now, sugar plum." He giggled, once again calling me with that little nickname which came out of nowhere.

"Sugar plum?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, sugar plum. My new nickname for you," he chuckled, reaching his hand to my cheek and squished it a little, I smacked his hands away and give him a look that says boy-if-you-touch-me-one-more-time-I-swear-you'll-die. But he ended up chuckling more, "because you're sweet and your face is the same shape as a plum. Sugar plum."

I rolled my eyes playfully with my arms still crossed, "yeah, good statement Michael Joseph."

Without any caution, he leaned over and grabbed my waist, pulling me over the railings. I literally screamed.

My legs landed on the edge of the ship, not even half of my feet was standing on the surface. I would've fall, but thank god Michael is holding me.

"Ain't that hard isn't it?" He muttered. "Now turn around, sit on top of here." He said, his eyes looking at the beside of him, signaling me to sit there.

Slowly, I turn my body. My eyes shutting tight as I don't want to see how tall we are from the surface, the cold water of the lake.

"God dammit." Michael began, his voice was obviously saying that he's unpatient. He grabbed my waist again and held on to it tight, placing me on the railing beside him. "There you go."

I opened my eyes and looked down, the water formed little waves as the ship went through it. And it was freezing, I shivered.

"I can't believe I'm out here with you, in the middle of the cold weather." I wrapped my arms around me, stroking my body up and down to produce warmth for myself.

I felt a sudden touch around me, Michael wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into a sweet, warm cuddle. I've never felt so protected, so warm...

So loved.

"Still cold?" He cooed, glancing at me right in the eyes with those pair of beautiful, dark chocolate eyes of his. His gaze literally kills me. "Cuddling you feels so good." He smiled.

"Well I guess you said that to Tina before." I shrugged.

Tina Connor, I'd describe her as a really, really bitchy charactor. I never liked her, I feel like she always tries to take what I like, what I want and what's mine. She lives just 3 houses away from mine, 2 away from Michael.

And yes, she liked Michael. She hates me so much her gaze literally felts like she has hundreds of bullets with her and she's gonna shoot me with it one by one. She's really mean to me. But she acts like a little kitten infront of Michael.

She was the same age as Michael, a 21 year old young lady. With the most attractive appearancd and the baddest behavior. And what people said about her, nothing good.

"No, I did not say that to her, I don't like her." Michael stated, glancing at me with the one of his most serious looks, telling me it isn't true. I just shrugged.

And most importantly, he lost his virginity to her. She lost his virginity to him. They lost their first kiss, first hug.

And I believe first love too.

"I thought you loved her." I shrugged once again, staring down at my fingers and playing with them.

"Loved. I loved, and that was a puppy love that happened when I was like 14. I don't now." He explained.

I remained silent. This question was always on my head for years, "did Michael really loved her?". And he did, he loved her. And that... hurts.

I've had this little crush on him since we were 10, we hang out everyday. I gave him all my time, and he did too. Until Tina moved into our village due to the divorce of her parents, and so Michael felt sympathy for her. And shit happened.

"If I still love her I'd stay at the village and spend my time with her rather than you. Okay, even though I loved her doesn't mean I still do. And, if I really loved her I wouldn't love yo-" he froze in a suddenly, his words slowly turning in mumbles as if I shouldn't heard those. He covered his mouth, stopping himself from talking.

I glanced at him, "say that again."

I swore I heard something about "if I really loved her I wouldn't love you." Which actually gave me a ray of hope. I know I got a kiss and a "I like you" from Michael before, but people could just simply do and say those. As for a "I love you", that's something else.

He denied to reply me. Turning away and taking the plate of food he brought earlier and handed it to me, "eat." He said in a demanding tone.

I set my eyes on his face, and I hope I wasn't blind or anything. He was blushing.

As he saw my gaze on his face, he immediately turned to the other side and cleared his throat. Which made me giggled a little.

Silly.

-
Well, to be continued.
Finally the 9th part and the 8th chapter. This story is getting close to an end actually, lmfao.
So far I hope yall liked this. Give some comments for feedback, I'd appreciate that.
Well, do check out my another story "Heart to Heart" while you wait for an update, sksksk.
13TH OCTOBER 2017
REMEMBER TO VOTE👀