XI

Mallory's POV
1 : 54 a.m.

We sat under the moon, my head resting comfortably on his lap. His hand gently stroking my hair as we admire the dazzling stars.

"Hey," Michael whispered, his hands pointing up and one of the star on the sky. It was the one we saw last night, the shiniest and biggest one. "That one is still there." He smiled.

I glanced at it, not only catching a sight at the star. An exquisite shooting star went across the sky, lucky enough for me to catch a glimpse at it.

"Shooting star," I muttered, my sight not leaving the star as my head tilts where the star goes.

I could hear a silent gasp coming out from Michael's lips, "make a wish." He cooed. Almost immediately he connected his hands together, reaching them to his face, closing his eyes as he 'makes a wish'.

I did nothing but to chuckle at his action. Michael was literally an adult version of a little boy, he is very innocent and pure as he believes in all those fairytail and magic things. Thinking of the time he said he believes the existence of angels and fairies made me chuckle.

He returned to his normal position when he finished 'making a wish'. He turned his seeing to me, his eyes immediately laying to mine. He flashed a warm smile, "what did you wish?"

I simply shook my head. "What did you wish?" I question back.

"Wait, give me a minute." He raised up a palm at me to stop me from talking, taking deep breaths continuosly.

He cleared his throat, "well, I hope this won't get too weird or funny since I didn't do any practise for this..." he took another deep breath.

"Okay okay, go on." I giggled.

"I wanted to say... you are the only one who can make me happy with your love and affection. Since I met you, I have noticed that life is worth living. I live mine just for you. You have stolen my heart from me. Alone I am lost. Please, do not let the distance between us become larger. Each day is more wonderful than the previous one, if I spend it with you. The closer you get to me, it seems the more I love you. A heart truly in love never loses hope but always believes in the promise of love, no matter how long the time and how far the distance. There are so many ways I want to tell you that I really love you. My feelings for you are true and pure, like your kind heart. I have tried many times to confess this to you, but you always turn a deaf ear to what I say. Remember one thing -- I love you and will always love you." He confessed, covering his face with both of his hands immediately as I bet such words that came out from his shy and nervous self would definitely make him blush.

His sudden confession left me speechless, I felt my cheeks heating up as I became nervous. I didn't know what to say, "uhm" was the only words that could mutter out my lips.

"What I wanted to say is... I want you to be my girl. I wish I can wake up to you every morning and have the chance to say "good morning, love" to you, I wish I can spend my upcoming years with you." He removed his hands from his face, showing his red cheeks. "I know I'd most probably get the answer I don't wanna get, but go ahead and say what you want. Reject me." He squeezed his eyes shut.

I small smile plastered across my face. I sat up, sitting infront of him, studying his face features.

I let out a slight chuckle, "oh Michael, of cour-"

I was cut off by a familiar voice that isn't pleasing to hear at this moment. "Mallory Rose Carter." A strict voice which was obviously very angry came out from the behind of us. It was my mother.