Part 19

You: (sit down at the opposite end of the couch) where are the kids?

Chres: At the fair. I told them to be back by 10

You: that's nice of you to trust her.

Chres: (looking at you)

You: (close your robe) what Chres?

Chres: I just came to talk. I was going to plan it this week but since you're leaving tomorrow...

You: (looking at him)

Chres: (buttons his top button mimicking you)

You: (laugh and roll your eyes) you're so stupid.

Chres: how you getting to the airport tomorrow don't you have to get your car transported. Miss I'd rather pay $1000 instead of driving.

You: (laugh) I did it once, never again. Anyway since I'm coming back I asked Nicki to keep it at her house. She drove over here with Stacie and took it home. Brittany is actually taking me to the airport.

Chres: Brittany?

You: (nodding slowly) she's coming over tonight too. i honestly feel like I'm rebuilding a relationship with a sister I fell out with.

Chres: (changing the subject) you could've left your car at my house.

You: (smile a little) oh yeah?

Chres: Yeah. Is Trey that overly protective that the only thing he'd allow to stay the night at my house is my son? (Laughs) I bet he doesn't even know you stayed over that one time does he?

You: why are you here?

Chres: (looks at the glass of red wine on the table) May I?

You: (shrug)

Chres: (drinks it) you don't want to stay in Atlanta? I know a school looking for principal. (Holds the glass out to you) I just want to be closer to Chris

You: (looking at it) I'm getting married Chres. (Gets it and throw it back)

Chres: dang woman   (Laughs)

You: we've done this six years why do you now want to be closer to him.

Chres: he's getting older. He's going to need me.

You: he has you Chres.

Chres: you know what I mean. I'm tired of waiting until the summer to spend weeks with him.

You: (look away then back at him) wait, I've been drinking but I feel like we're about to have a custody battle.

Chres: what? Of course not. I would never put you and Chris through that.

You: (massage your temples) then what are you saying Chres?

Chres:(looking at you)

Chres POV: how about we give this thing another try.

Chres: you know what I'm saying.

You: (looking at him shaking your head) I don't.

Chres: (scoots closer to you) you look good tonight. Sexiest baby mama ever.