Part 57

You: (get out the car)

Chres: (gets out) if they're holding her. I can call the cops right?

You: if she's here I'm sure it won't get that serious Chres.

Chres: (opens the door)

You: (walk in)

Chres: (follows behind you)

You: (looking around)

Tahj: (looks up) y/n. Mr. August...Hey. (Looks back at his sister) cover me?

His sister nods

Chres: (looks at you)

You: (look at Chres)

Tahj: (walks over)

Y'all look at him

You: heey Tahj.

Tahj: is she okay?

Chres: we were hoping you'd know.

You: (smile a little)

Tahj: I promise I'm as worried as you two right now. I haven't talked to her since last night. You can check my phone if you'd like..(holds up his phone)

Chres: (reaches for it)

You: Chres..(moves his hand) if you do. Call us please. (Gets his phone and put your number in it)

Tahj: I will.

You: (smile) see you later..(Walks away)

Chres: (follows you) why didn't you check his phone?

You: we aren't cops Chres. If he says he doesn't know we can't just go invading his privacy.

Chres: he offered. (Gets the keys) I'm driving. You're distracted. (Walks to the drivers side)

You: (follow him) I'm not distracted. And I'm not in the mood for your speeding. (holds out your hand)

Chres: (opens the door) chill lady. Just relax and text your boyfriend. (Gets in and shuts the door) besides this is my car. You jumping in it like it's yours.

You: Chreeees..ugh I hate you. (Walks over passengers side)

-20 minutes later-

You: Where are we going ?

Chres: to Sam's house.

You: Chres really?

Chres: mmhm

Sam's House

Madison: (walks in his house)

Sam: if my mom finds out you're here she going to call your dad. (Shuts his door)

Madison: I won't be long. (Looking around)

Sam: why are you here?

Madison: is that how you want to start this conversation?

Sam: (looking confused) I mean...I'm wondering why you're here. What else should I say after last night?

Madison: (shrugs) I'm sorry ?

Sam: (laughs and shake his head) I mean I am.

Madison: (steps back) nah it is funny. Like "I'm sorry" from you actually means anything.

Sam: okay. you're here to argue.

Madison: I'm here to say goodbye. Just so it won't get weird at school tomorrow we need to be on the same page. I don't want you speaking to me, sitting next to me and try your best to not look at me.