Part 42

You: (eating candy)

Trey: (walks in) you better slow down before you get a tooth ache. (Sits next to you on the couch)

You: candy is my guilty pleasure.

Trey: hm. I thought I was.

You: (sit on his lap facing him) you are too.

Trey: (puts his hand on your hips) when do you want to visit the wedding venue?

You: How about this Thanksgiving.

Trey: (looking at you)

You: Christopher made the decision to go with Chres this year. I mean I'm all for flying down there with him and coming back thanksgiving to spend the day with you and your family. But since he's going how about we make it a wedding planning week.

Trey: okay. And if you want to spend thanksgiving with Christopher, I understand.

You: (kiss him) I'm spending thanksgiving with Mama and Papa Neverson

Trey: (Laughs)

with Madison

Madison: Sam he's just a friend. I can't have friends now? You know like every girl in the school. Do you see me getting upset?

Sam: it's clear that he likes you. I noticed it the first time I met him.

Madison: (shakes her head) you're overthinking.

Sam: (unlocks the front door)

Sam's mom: oh hey kids.

Madison: hi. (Smiles)

Sam: mom if you don't mind we're going to go u and play video games.

Sam's mom: (looks at her watch) it's a little late. Your dad knows we're you are?

Sam: mom.

Madison: no she's right. I should go where I'm supposed to be.

Sam's mom: you need a ride?

Madison: no thanks. I'll catch Uber.

Sam's mom: well make yourself comfortable until it arrive.

-5 minutes later

Sam: (kisses Madison)

Madison: see you later.

Sam: I'm sorry about tonight.

Madison: (looks at him then walk off the porch)

Car

Madison: (gets in the front and put on her seatbelt)

Tahj: (Pulls away)

1candace's House

Tahj: (pulls up)

Madison: (looks at him) thanks Tahj.

Tahj: no biggie.

Madison: (looking at him) when Sam said wasn't true.

Tahj: (looks at her) about what?

Madison: me eating an entire bag of gummies.

Tahj: oh. I wasn't thinking about that.

Madison: (Laughs a little) yeah right.

Tahj: (Laughs) okay I was a little concerned for. Your health. In fact I didn't think you were that type of girl.

Madison: great. Now I'm a type of girl. (Looks ahead)

Tahj: Not in a bad way. I mean I've never seen you high. And like that I think you're pretty cool.

Madison: thanks. I guess it started as me trying to fit in and the more I did it. It kinda became a habit.

Tahj: whee do y'all get it from.

Madison: my friend Todd has a prescription. He started it all. Now Sam is getting one sooo. We'll see how this turns out. Why you ask?

Tahj: I don't use..if that's what you're wondering.

Madison: don't.

Tahj: even if I wanted to I couldn't with my family everywhere I turn.

Madison: you're lucky they are everywhere you turn.

Tahj: (looks at her) your dad is doing what he does for you.

Madison: I know. But my mom is constantly traveling also. And them not being together only complicates things more. But the moment I slip up they're quick to criticize. And I'm just like...things would be better if you'd actually raised me mom. Or brought me up in a child friendly household dad. (Laughs a little shaking her head) and they wonder why I grew up so fast.

Tahj: (looks down)

Madison: I'm not saying they're bad parents. Because I know it was probably hard being young. But they could have been better you know?

Tahj: you tell them that?

Madison: (Laughs) of course not. I just suck it up and be grateful that they're still here. Some people don't have the opportunity to see their parents.

Tahj: y/n lost both of her parents right?

Madison: she doesn't talk about her dad but I remember when her mom passed. I called her my grandma days after meeting her. (Smiles a little)

A car pulls up behind them.

Madison: that's Candace..thanks again Tahj.

Tahj: anytime. (Looking at her)

Madison: (gets out the car)

Candace: (Waves to the Uber driver then walks to Madison)

Madison: (glances at Tahj's car)

Candace: (looks in) Hi Tahj!!

Tahj: (Waves then back out)

Candace: (looks at Madison)

Madison: just a ride.

Candace:  what about you and Sam. Why was he pulling on you like that?

Madison: like what? He was just telling me to come on.

Candace: come on Madison. Sam is my friend too. I know just as much as you know about him. Are his anger issues back?

Madison: (looks away then back at her) he was worse months ago. He's on the field now so he's better.

Candace: okay Madison. (sighs and walks to the house)

Madison: (Follows her)

thanksgiving break

You: babe you see my charger?

Trey: I put it in your purse.

Minnie: (jumping up and down around you)

Chris: Minnie sit.

Minnie: (barks and run up to him)

Chris: no I said sit. Mom she's going to be hyper this entire ride.

You: (look at him and laugh)

Trey: (walks in the living room) Christopher you turned off everything in your room.

Chris: yepp.

Trey: alright get Minnie and we'll be on our way.

3 hours later

You: (get in the car) did she pee?

Trey: yeah she did.

You: (look back at Christopher) awe poor baby. This ride is too much for him.

Trey: (Laughs) at least he doesn't have to do the ride back.

You: hey. We're coming back thanksgiving evening and hopefully late so we can enjoy the scenery.(Rubs his leg)

Trey: hmm. I heard it'll be a full moon. Can't wait to see that (Smiles then kisses you)

You: (laugh during the kiss)