Ch 4. The Last Fight

Frisk ran as fast as she could across the surface of Underale, searching for Ink. "INK!!!" She yelled, panicking. The skeleton was nowhere in sight in the open field with little trees. Frisk was heading for the mountains like she had when she started in Undertale. It was just to look for her friend, not to reset Undertale. Tripping, he got up again and kept going. She was still yelling Ink's name half way up the mountain when he teleported to Frisk. "What is it?!" He asked, Frisk gasping. "It's Error! He's here! In the city! I don't know where now, but he's in there somewhere," she yelped. "Climb on," Ink said, lowering Broomie to his friend. Frisk grabbed the paint brush's edge and pulled herself up. Ink stood, his two brown capes flying in the wind as they went, his eye sockets searching. They landed and Ink's skull flung around, frantic. Where was he?

White glitches lined where Error had been, which ment he was either terrified or really frustrated. Ink called for him, but no answer. Frisk was trailing far behind him, like something was going to pop out out of nowhere and grab her. "It's okay," Ink reassured her, noticing. He was moving trash cans and garbage every here and there out of the way for her so she wouldn't get startled.

More of the blue strings were sliding along with him as Error slowly paced around on a city building, his hands by his sides. Ink was close by, perhaps following him, and Classic Sans too. In fact, he wanted to speak with Ink still. He didn't know the reason though. "What is it, a crush?" He teased himself. "No." He'd always been like this. He put his hand up to the sky and pretended to grab a star, holding his glitchy soul in his palm. Looking up, more stars appeared visible and it reminded him of OuterTale, where he sat sometimes to make puppets of characters in AU's. A rustle behind him caused im to around.

"You. Again. Well," Error spat. The two skeletons faced each other and Frisk started climbing back down frantically. Error laughed at the sight of the lonely human afraid of him bouncing on her. "Get away from me or I'll kill you," he told Ink. Ink shook his skull. "No, Error." "No?!" Error said, standing up. "Fight me, Ink. Fight me right now, we'll see who wins." Ink's eyes darted back and forth, searching for something to do. He shook his skull again. Blue strings grabbed all his limbs and his mouth. He couldn't call for help, nor move to grab Broomie. "And this..." Error said, grabbing Broomie. "I'll break it into pieces, I should have never let you fix it, I should have killed you before!"

Ink's eyes filled with tears. Error stood there, as if waiting and blinked, then realized what he was doing. Ink fell, the strings zipping loser. Broomie swung back into Ink's grasp and Error blasted at them. Ink dodged and after fighting for ten minutes, Error landed from the strings in the air and looked back at Ink. The glitchy being seemed scared. Ink smiled. "You aren't scared of me, Error." Error gave him a glare. "You're afraid of pain-" SHUT UP!" Error interrupted. Ink nodded and hit the other skeleton in the head with Broomie and watched him fall. Broomie moved under him and caught him, and they all disappeared into the darkness of a portal, Ink forgetting about Frisk.