Ch 29. Dust

Cross felt idiotic to ask himself if this was heaven. It couldn't be, though, could it? This still felt like the Multiverse. Yet, no one had ever spoken of this castle. It loomed over him, the ceiling about a yard high. "Hello?" Cross asked, looking around. The huge room was empty, nothing but a chandelier, a ceiling, walls, and stairs were in the huge room. Two other rooms were on each side of the main room. I see you've found the Everytale castle. Cross jumped and turned around, quickly taking out his sword. "Huh?! Who-" he stopped, looking down at a little white wisp looking creature. It was see-through, like the other black wisp in the Unknown-Void. "Who are you?" He asked. "What is this place? I've never seen anything like it before." This, my friend, is the Everytale Castle. I created it, hoping one day, someone would finally move in here, especially Ink, he really needs a break from all this Multiverse protecting. "Why? Ink has nothing else to do. He's the protector and creator..." I mean, he needs a family. More than Nightmare and Dream... "What?" Cross asked. Do something for me, Cross, please, the wisp said to him. "What? What do you want me to do?" Cross asked. Tell Ink to do what you did, tell him to look up when the clouds are clear, to come up here, to look at every room, every floor, decide what his real destiny is. "But- but I'm not!-" and the wisp was gone. Cross had no choice. What if this threatened Dream?

Ink wondered where Error went in the middle of the night, out of the Star Sanses' house, because he was obviously not here. The television would be on if he was. Away from the Multiverse, in the Anti-Void? He wondered if he had seen the sun, the universe, everything in there. But, Ink had to sleep now... It had been another tiring day of fighting after he had healed, and he needed the rest. Ink silently slept and dreamed that time wasn't real. A place no one in the Multiverse could ever imagine but him. Dragons. Dragons lived there. On islands of islands that were each bigger than his Multiverse. But Ink woke up, and it was just a dream. No dragons, no greater life, nothing. Just... Ink.