Ch 31. Truth

"Hello? Are you alive?" The child said, walking closer to Error. He didn't respond, and he stepped back when he noticed the being coming closer to him. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you, mister," the child told him, stopping and standing right in front of Error. "You're not, its fine..." Error finally responded. "What's your name again?" He asked. The small being tilted his head at him and examined Error. "I don't know." "You don't? Well, I'll let Ink name you. I'm sure he'll adopt you, kid." The child's head started glitching what looked like black paint. "Who's Ink? He asked Error. "He's... uh... my friend." "Okay! I can't wait to meet him!" The child somehow seemed to know where he was going, and he lead the way into a portal he had created himself. Error hesitated, staring back up at the colorful, painted area. Had Ink really made this all for him? He saw the portal disappearing and raced after the other being.

   "Everyone is panicking, and we found Frisk bleeding here," Ink said, holding the human in his arms, trying to stop the blood forming draining out of the huge wound on her shoulder, close to her neck. Dream looked back and up, and he saw Cross watching them, trying to sneak around a Boulder. "How far is Home from here?" He asked Ink, turning back to him. "It-it was Geno, guys! Geno..." Frisk yelped, but then stopped from the pain. "Genocide? Why would he hurt frisk? Dream asked. "Let's go check the save screen. Maybe Reaper's there. But quickly," Ink told them. "But Frisk, stay here," he turned and shouted, "hey, Cross, stop hiding and keep Frisk safe, will you?!" He set her down and opened a portal, walking through it with Dream, who waved at Cross anxiously. As soon as the portal behind them closed, Ink jumped back as another one opened in front of them. Ink stopped and tilted his skull slightly to look through. "Hey, kid we're still in the void. Why did you-" Error's glitchy voice stopped in mid sentence as he saw Ink and Dream. "Um... Hey, Error, who is this little cutie?" Ink asked him. "This... Is our son," Error responded.